“Recently renovated, very nice accomodations”

BEST WESTERN The Stirling Rockhampton
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Rockhampton
Lawrenceville
“Recently renovated, very nice accomodations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Spent one night on our way back to Noosa from Port Douglas ... of all of our single night lodging while the trip, this was by far the nicest. But also the most expensive. Wifi was limited (I think to 150Mb, but I'm not sure), but they did give us separate access codes for 3 different devices. The room was perfect, obviously very recently renovated. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend staying here, particularly when compared to the nearby Comfort Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Nothing could be more perfect than to be greeted by a person who is expecting you and happy that you arrived safe and willing to just make your stay perfect. I stayed 3 days and they made an effort every morning to ask all the right questions and after a days work upon return did exactly the same think. They also have a restaurant attached to the hotel. Yum Yum Yummy.
I did not eat anywhere else. I look forward to returning and enjoying the ease of it all. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Albury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Working in Rockhampton for 5 days and stayed on a ground floor room. The Motel was quite busy but the service was excellent and accommodated every need. Dinner in the restaurant was fantastic (wow what a steak!) and staff and management were very welcoming and keen to ensure my stay was first class. The food at the restaurant met all expectations and has great indoor and outdoor areas. Room was clean, quiet and well appointed - there were roadworks happening nearby late night and early morning and didn't hear a thing! Motel is positioned close to many facilities and also a walk around the corner to the Leagues CLub is a good night out. Would highly recommend for comfortable easy stay at a fair price in Rockhampton area and I will stay here for business or personal use.

Room Tip: All rooms are upgraded except for four which are lower cost and excellent value
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TravellingMSC
Bannockburn, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel.. In all my experience was very poor. The staff initially appeared friendly but soon as they worked out I was higher needs (Being a Vegetarian in Beef Capital) become a bit distant. Whilst they wanted me to eat at there place (completely understandable), I did not fit in the normal bill so things were a bit awkward. Hopefully this is not the norm just an exception.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank mayurigosalia
Port Douglas, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying here last week. After along day of travelling, nothing could be more perfect than being welcomed by the friendly owners. The rooms were newly renovated, they looked great and were extremely comfortable. I will definitely be returning. Thank you for the great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Collinsville, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I booked in on spec. I requested a ground floor room as I wanted to leave early in the morning. The young lady at reception found me the last ground floor room. Upon arriving at the room, I discovered that it wasn't made up and rang reception and got the manager. He apologised and said it was his fault the error had occurred and got me another room. When I explained that I had really wanted a ground floor room he got me one, despite having to move another guest who hadn't checked in yet upstairs. All the staff I met were friendly helpful and courteous.

I ordered a room service meal (Salmon with Scallops), the young lady at reception explained that it was just salmon and scallops with puree and chorizo crumb and it was not a large meal. It was delicious, and the serving size was just right for me, but the guys might want to order a side.

The room was lovely and clean. There was no traffic noise and the bed was really comfortable. They provided fresh milk (I hate UHT so this is always a bonus). For me the location was perfect, it is on the left hand side as you are heading north, and there is a service station on the left just up the road.

The worst I can say about it is there was a bit of dust on the lamp and the alarm clock in the room. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank SydneyTrish
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I recently stayed on a Thursday and Friday night. After staying at this motel before the newly renovated rooms were a nice surprise. I found the room to be clean and well appointed. The meals were beautifully presented,fairly priced, and the Rib Fillet and Bug "Outstanding". As a bonus live music was provided on the Friday night, very enjoyable.
The service as always was warm and genuine. A great place to stay. I'll be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business