“It felt like home”

Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Rockhampton
Gold Coast
“It felt like home”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was in Rockhampton for business for the first time. I had other motels recommended but decided to try the Regency. It was a damn good decision. The hospitality and friendliness shown from the moment you walked in the door was second to none. The rooms whilst under renovations, are very comfortable and well presented. The TV was better than I have at home. WOW. It s not often the owner takes the time to have adrink with you, but they do here. Great public relations. Now to the food - the steak is like ice on a hot day, it just melts i your mouth. The chicken is nice and tender. I was so impressed, I immediately booked for the nextweek (4 nights) rather than even thinking of going anywhere ese. Do yourself a favour.Say a the Regency on Albert and be spoilt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed August 14, 2013

First time staying in Rockhampton, checked in with ease, Manager new my name before I evened mentioned it, I think he had a heads up, I did call to say I was coming in 5 mins.
The most impressive part was the fun that was had and laughs in the restaurant, I was made feel welcome and as a female traveling on business felt extremely safe. I would recommend staying here

• Stayed August 2013
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I do alot of business travel throughout Queensland, my trip to Rockhampton is monthly, where I always stay in the same motel, I couldn't get in my normal so booked at the Regency. I will be back, rooms are tired but by all reports are about to be upgraded,
Now on the other hand the EYE FILLET steak was to die for. The steak on its own has won me over and I will be booking in next month
Staff are friendly and welcoming

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Casey G
Au, Austria
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Restaurant is 5 star. My room was excellent, very clean and tidy. The host, Robin, treated me like a king. Definately going to take me whole family soon.
I had a great experience staying at this Best Western and would recommend it to anyone.
Thank you for a very pleasurable stay.
Gerrit

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Cessnock, Australia
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The rooms were on the old-fashioned side, but clean and comfortable. Very quiet, despite being on the main highway. We slept well on both stays.
The new owners had only been there a couple of months, when we stayed in June and July 2013.
We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the restaurant food, which was a standout feature. If you're not staying at the motel, but looking for a good place to eat, it would be well worth consideration.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The room was dated but still comfortable and quiet. Good value and handy to the town centre. A very well stocked bar fridge, if you are into that sort of thing plus good quality towels and linen. The guys at reception were very attentive and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank John E
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Was working in Rockhampton for the weekend at the show. Booked in by the show committee. The staff was amazing and the restaurant first class. I am from Melbourne next time I'm up north I know where I will be staying!

• Stayed June 2013