“Not very happy”

Travelodge Hotel Rockhampton
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Rockhampton
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Photo on website suggests there is a SPA beside the pool. THERE IS NO SPA. After the recent floods, the carpet in the Reception area and Level 1 Conference rooms have not been replaced,and the damp smell especially when walking in to Reception was overwhelming. Working on rooms nearby with hammering and drilling in the middle of the day while I was trying to sleep. No communication from Management about this work?. Couldn't find the way to the restaurant for Breakfast not explained properly at check in?. Didn't find out until checkout there was a Gym and internet Kiosk. Is it Asking to much for this to be pointed out to Customers?. Lack of tourist information at the front desk and in your room. Staff not very helpful and forth coming with any suggestions or advise. Lack of car parking for a 8 level motel The customer service levels as well as communication needs to improve a lot !!!.

Room Tip: NO Comment
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SBarford, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Rockhampton, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear AustinPD,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

A majority of the issues you have raised appear to relate to the level of communication of facilities and services during check-in. Improvement in relaying such information will be a focus over the following weeks across the entire reception team.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was delighted by the majority of the staff I had contact with during my stay, they were attentive, patient with tried travellers and were helpful as could be. My room was clean, airy, and comfortable. I did find that should I wish to use the microwave to heat some food, I needed to have brought my own table ware as there were only coffee cups and a couple of glass in the cupboard. I was delighted to see a nice tub in the bathroom (I had a suite) however a little disappointed to find the only plug didn't fit anything in the room.

As far as value for money was concerned, I lucked out as I did get an upgrade, though a colleague I was travelling with said that to get the room service tray down the entrance hallway to her room she had to turn it sideways!

I had a comfortable stay at the Travelodge, I would consider dining elsewhere though

Room Tip: Breaky wasn't cheap or worth it in my opinion, the 8th floor is worth it if you can get an upgra...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SBarford, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Rockhampton, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear 2ctalking,

Thank you for providing constructive feedback on your recent stay with us at Travelodge Rockhampton.

It is pleasing to hear you enjoyed the service from the team and this has been shared at our recent team meeting.

Provision of additional cutlery, crockery and glassware are happily provided to all guests upon request.

Thank you also for your honest feedback on our breakfast service. We are focusing on improving this service at present and have recently changed many of the hot and cold buffet offerings to improve quality and, most importantly, to better satisfy our valued guests.

Hotel manager

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We booked int o the Travelodge for 4 days after looking on the web at the website and the rooms were offered at $120.00 a night. When we recieved the bill at the end of our stay the room rates were not $120.00 for every night only the first night, the other nights were $200.00, $190.00, and $179.00. We were not informed that the room rate per night would be different, and the reception lady was not interested at all and said you should have been told when you booked. The rooms were fine , and the food was good, but will not recommend this hotel to anyone unless they confirm their room rate before they book, as our bill was and extra $500.00, for the accomodation .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lawrie89
SBarford, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Rockhampton, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Lawrie89,

It is disappointing to hear of the nightly rate issue with your reservation.

Although our rates do indeed vary on a nightly basis I would be more than happy to discuss your reservation further with you with the hope of rectifying any possible error / miscommunication that may have occurred.

Thank you also for remaining objective with your scoring in other areas.

Please do feel free to contact me personally via Travelodge Rockhampton.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel is ok, the location is quite good in the center of the city and the parking is free.
The rooms are ok, and were refurbished, but not the bathrooms that looks really old.
The room was clean even if the curtains of our room were covered with some red vine splash...
In my opinion the hotel is too expensive for the quality of the stay.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christian_444
SBarford, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Rockhampton, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Christian_444,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay with us at Travelodge Rockhampton.

You comments have been discussed at length with the Executive Housekeeper to address the issues raised.

Travelodge Rockhampton

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This property is obviously been upgraded but I felt the staff could have been more fort coming with saying that restaurant and bar were closed and half the car park was not available either.
Free Wifi would have been good, had to walk half an hour to the library for this. Bed was comfortable and bathroom did the job. Had breakfast in the meeting room with only the local paper available.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SBarford, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Rockhampton, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear MaffieAustralia,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us at Travelodge Rockhampton.

Your comments regarding the restaurant closure have been noted and I apologise for the lack of clear communication regarding this during your stay.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a very hot night, because the air conditioner didn't work. The room we got has one queen bed and two single beds, and the single beds are in the corner of the room, so I felt so stuffy. Moreover, the bed is NOT comfy at all, the quilt is so heavy and the the pillow is way too hard.
And the balcony is very small, only can fit two person.
Additionally, the bath towel has a intolerant strange smell!
However, this hotel has a 24 hrs receptionist, helped us to check in late!

Room Tip: Not suitable for family! Room is too small and stuffy!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank matilda_pan

Dear matilda_pan,

Thank you for providing your feedback.

Please accept my apologies for the air conditioner and housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay with us. These have been discussed with both the Maintenance Manager and Housekeeping Manager.

If you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed with the Travelodge for 3 nights. We were delighted with the room, which was spacious, had a large comfortable bed, and the best view ever. We were on floor 7 overlooking the river, so worth asking for.
Unfortunately the restaurant was shut for refurbishment (no we were not told), but there are quite a few eating places in East Street, just 5 minutes away.
We couldn't say the staff were friendly, but they were efficient, and certainly not rude.

• Stayed: February 2013
SBarford, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Rockhampton, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Johnfris,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive review.

Your comments regarding communication of the current restaurant closure and staff have been noted and followed-up with the team.