“Nice enough place”

Best Western Cattle City Motor Inn
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Rockhampton
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Great linen and great pressure in shower. On main road but my room was at the front and there wasn't any road noise. People very nice. Could size TV with desk and chairs which is good if you are working.
Covered car parking out the front of the unit. Didnt try the restaurant as I arrived on a Sunday and it was closed.

Room Tip: I chose downstairs, there is upstairs on part of the property as well.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 26, 2014

As a great halfway mark between Brisbane and Cairns, this hotel was ideal and the staff was very friendly and helpful.
However . . . when we got into our room (on the ground floor), we notice ants, hoards of ants, and as I am deathly allergic . . . the office quickly gave us a 2nd floor room and a can of Raid. We never saw any ants in this room, but sprayed like crazy anyway. The room was clean, but in dire need of an updated makeover.
All's well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed at the cattle city motor inn for a comfortable nights stop over traveling south. Rooms were clean and tidy, fridge stocked and a good. In house and restaurant menu. Being tired we had in room dining that was quickly served and enjoyable. Likewise breakfast was also a good start to the day. Only negative was cost of items in fridge, however, we did indulge in a drink and chocolate to end the day. Feel $3.50 for small water is excessive.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathy1960, Manager at Best Western Cattle City Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.
We are happy that you enjoyed our motel
We look forward to seeing you again when next you pass through Rockhampton.
Have a great day.

Peter & Kathy

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hotel is absolutely perfect for a stopover in rockhampton. You can park right outside your room, you have cable TV, clean and tidy bedroom, en suite bathroom with all the toiletries you need, comfortable beds, air conditioning, mini bar etc. Wifi is also good.

Not sure what else you could ask for for a quick stopover- friendly service as well.

Stayed: January 2014
Kathy1960, Manager at Best Western Cattle City Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Hi Nicky,
Thank you for taking the time to post this review.
We are happy that you enjoyed our motel
We look forward to seeing you again when next you pass through Rockhampton.
Have a great day.

Peter & Kathy Boland
BEST WESTERN Cattle City Motor Inn
Rockhampton

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I checked in on spec. There were only two family rooms available, the rate I got was $135. The gentleman at check-in was great, warm, welcoming and friendly. Was the room worth the price? Honestly no. There was a wafting odour (smelt a bit like urine but may have just been damp, not constant, it would just assault your nostrils at random intervals). The cold water tap in the bathroom requires the strength of Hercules to turn it off. There were a couple of short hairs on the bed linen and a dead insect on the pillow (probably not their fault). I requested fresh milk which never turned up. Parking is problematic, it took a couple of goes for me to get my Ford Focus into a park between a pole and another car, good luck in a 4wd, just weren't any other parks. For 28.50 I ordered what was described as pan fried reef fish with crispy potatoes and veges in lemon butter sauce. Fish was a little overcooked, potatoes were as far from crispy as it is possible to, but the veges were nice and fresh - a bit overpriced for what it was, but it's a motel and sometimes it comes down to paying for convenience. I ordered fruit salad and a latte for breakfast. The fruit salad was lovely, the latte was made on UHT milk and I can't stand the taste of it and so I couldn't drink it. The manager was apologetic for all of this but I would never stay again.

Room Tip: This hotel has both ground floor and first floor rooms. It is right on the highway so try to get so...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank SydneyTrish
Kathy1960, Owner at Best Western Cattle City Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Hi Patricia,
As we have previously apologised when you made this review through Best Western, there is not a lot more I can say. However, what I didn't tell you was my wife had taken ill on the night you stayed which left me to run the Reception, Restaurant & Bar all at the same time, I know this was not your problem & I am sorry that I unintentionally forgot to send up your fresh milk, but had you called down to reception with a reminder I would have got it up to you immediately. You also left after Breakfast in the morning without even calling into reception (which I was still manning) to return your key & to advise us of your disappointment other than doing so hiding behind your pen on a global forum. I can only apologise again and hope that in the future you give someone the opportunity to correct any mistakes.

Regards
Peter

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel was a welcome stop over for us on our trip up the east coast.We had driven 6 hours from Hervey Bay heading for the Whitsunday's so this was a good place to stay to break up our long journey.
The room was very clean and so was the bed, we had a nice meal in the resturant and breakfast was good the next morning.Peter & Kathy who run the place and very nice and helpful and we enjoyed the pretend auction of the French girl in the bar .
The only negative thing to say is that we were woken about 1am with a group of ' cattle men' still drinking outside their room and they where quite noisy.
Overall a good stay and it's good for a stop over but maybe not for much longer.
Thanks a lot Joanne& Keith

Room Tip: Ask for quite room if possible
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank duckyduck
Reviewed September 9, 2013

- The beds were dirty (as if large chunks of sand were at the bottom of the double and single beds)
- The spa/pool was non-functioning. When I broached the issue of the spa/pool not working properly, I was told, “Well to be honest, when I was here a few months ago, the spa wasn’t working properly then either. And now the owner believes it to be a hazard as children and spas don’t go well together. So it’s not supposed to be working”. Ignoring an issue does not solve it. The spa/pool should have been blocked off instead of just sitting there.
- The road entrance was dangerous. It was difficult to pull into the driveway, especially if there was another car in front of the reception area. The parking spaces were extremely small. If someone parked beside our car, my husband could not open the door enough to enter the vehicle.
- The restaurant is expensive/over priced.
- The staff were friendly and helpful. They just had a "my hands are tied" attitude about our issues.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family