“Don`t believe what the website says”

Centrepoint Motor Inn
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Rockhampton
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Don`t believe what the website says”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed one night here as a stopover. Pre- booked and judged from website details to be clean, adequate rooms with facilities, and hot breakfast in restaurant. In reality the room allocated was quite spacious but very tired and behind the scenes not clean. Breakfast turned out to be just cereal and toast and sachet instant coffee. The motel had signs asking for feedback but when I gave negative feedback face to face they just dismissed my comments. So glad we were only there for 1 night.

Room Tip: Only buy room for night, eat elswhere
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank stephen p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Buderim
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This hotel is in need of a refurbishment as there was paint missing from the door and lots of shabby scuff marks on the walls. The bed would have to be the hardest Ive every tried to sleep on. The staff make up for the very average rooms though, they were friendly and helpful which pulled this review from a poor to average rating for me.

Room Tip: I had a room on the ground floor which was handy for off loading cases out of the car etc. It is ju...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Julie54Buderim
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 days after moving out of a motel 3 blocks up the road because it was not a nice place at all. We stay in Rockhampton every year to visit family found this motel had everything we needed and more, parking was good easy to get in and out not like some places we have stayed. They have there own little restaurant or two doors up an Italian restaurant that boasts the best pizza in town going to try that tonight will review that tomorrow but for the price this Motel is great 10/10 from us.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
centrepoint131, Manager at Centrepoint Motor Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you so much for awesome review on your stay here with us at Centrepoint. We are so pleased you found us and that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit.
Safe travels and see you next time when you visit us
Janet & John Courtney
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This unsuspecting little gem is located in the centre of town. Cheap and cheerful I was pleasantly surprised at what an excellent room and attentive staff I found.

The staff at Centrepoint motel were super keen to cater for all of my needs, be it a knife and fork for my room or help with my laundry. I can say with confidence that I will be coming back here for the service alone.

The motel is quiet and unlike most mining stop thru's and towns I was able to sleep right through to 0930! The beds were comfortable and the blankets provided were soft and cuddly.

Everything is within walking distance and there is plenty of parking in the complex.

I cannot recommend this place enough, you won't be dissapointed.

Room Tip: The staff are happy to accommodate last minute room changes for any reason, which was great and not...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
centrepoint131, Manager at Centrepoint Motor Inn, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Hi Jess,
Thank you for taking time to write a review on your stay here with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you felt it was a home from home Motel as that's our aim here and pleased we met your expectations.
I have passed on all your comments to our centrepoint team.
Safe travels Jess and see you next time.
Janet and John Courtney
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The place is 8 to 10 minutes from the Rockhampton Airport. My mother from NZ was in Rockhampton to visit a friend but she became unwell and I flew from Canberra via Brisbane to pick her up. Now the Qantas hotel section show this motel/ hotel n conference centre with a restaurant which I could reap flyer points Now I chosen the corporate. Premier room for 2 people with an extra bed and a large TV and free breakfast I called the motel to confirm also with with Qantas-instead I got a standard noisey room.Their website showed images of large swimming pool and the large rooms n large seating restaurant and conference room Since I traveled around I know when things stated dont match up with what I saw,. On my arrival, it appeared small. The room was small and the TV was old and small! The mini fridge was leaking water so whatever you put in it pools with water on anything you placed in there! The chocolate and things in the mini fridge appeared outdated coated with moist condensation I was scared to touch them. The shower and room smelt like musty old carpet and-in the bathroom smelt like sewage . The swimming pool look like a large bath tub compared to the pics online. The restaurant appeared it hadnt had any people for months the road was so noisy with trucks, going by I could feel the vibrations from where I was eating The service and food was good .Very expensive!though. Overall it was average, noisey and beware when booking rooms especially when you pay for that room and you end up with the worst noisey room breakfast was basic! I will not stay there again Its stated AAA 3.5RATING
It should be AA 2 Rating
Its good for truck divers bec that what I seen
Highway Drivers flocking in.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
centrepoint131, Manager at Centrepoint Motor Inn, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Hi Jackie,
Hope you arrived back safe and well to Canberra. It was lovely to meet you and your mum and I enjoyed our daily chats in reception.
So when I recieved your review I was greatly dissappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I wish you would have said something to me as I would have gladly accommmodated you.

Thank you for taking time to write a review on Centrepoint we do value our guest feedback.
Hope your mums health is all good now.

Take care and safe travels
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The rooms are small and in need of major attention. They're not bad, bit neither are they good and they are overpriced for what they are.

The room looks clean at first, but if you move any furniture or lift any cushions you will find absolute filth. Many fittings are dated and/or broken, such as the clock radio.

The bathroom is too narrow and there is no exhaust fan. The air conditioner is an ancient in-window type that is extremely noisy, which struggles to cool the room off even on an only moderately warm day.

The bed covers are ancient and unclean. The sheets were clean but showing their age, as was the mattress. The towels are clean but completely thread-bare.

The free Wi-Fi is a joke, it barely, if ever, works. Our room had electrical duct hanging off the walls and there are only two available power points in the room, neither of which are next to the bed.

The room has adequate features for very short stays, but at the price they are not good value.

The onsite restaurant is very expensive. There is a short in-room menu which is marginally cheaper, I had a steak sandwich off it which tasted odd... I was then ill all night, draw your own conclusions there.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Barry R
Hi Barry,
Thank you for taking time to write a review on your stay here with us at Centrepoint. Our aim is to make all of our guests stay as comfortable and pleasant. So we were sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations and that you didnt enjoy your stay with us.

Take care and safe travels
Logan City, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed here for a single night and really only needed a place to get some good rest - which I most certainly did. The room was far better than expected. It was large, clean and very comfortable. The free wi-fi and air conditioning was an added bonus. The bed was very comfortable (even moreso when my alarm went off in the morning), the lady at the check-in was very friendly and I have no complaints at all. If I ever need to stay in Rocky again, this is where I'll come. Thanks :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Thomas K
Hi Thomas,
Thank you for chosing to staying with us here at Centrepoint and taking time to write your awesome review.
We also think Centrepoint is fantastic to :-)
I have passed onto all of our staff your review which was greatly appreciated thank you.
Safe travels and see you next time your in Rocky