“Great decor at first glance, food very average”
Review of Riverside Restaurant - CLOSED

Riverside Restaurant
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The restaurant was really lovely at first glance, we were seated, but then had to wait ages until someone came back to take our drink/food orders. I chose the curry, which was more like a very bland stew, definitely not a curry and contained thick gravy/sauce and meat, no veges and was served with pine nut rice,which was nice and oily pappadums. Whilst waiting for our food couldn't help notice someone needs to get the cobwebs off the bamboo style lights. Would I eat here again, probably not. We were staying in the area for three nights and chose to not return. We also had starters, 4 dips and bread, honestly one tasted like tomato sauce, we ended up leaving three and only eating the onion style one.

There are newer reviews for Riverside Restaurant

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Went here for a quick breakfast. Very reasonably priced for a full buffet. Basic offerings and eggs to order were perfectly cooked, and they had GF bread . Service by the young waiter was exceptional, really made you feel like a valued friend

Reviewed July 30, 2013

If it is asian food your looking for this is the place. You won't regret it. The staff have a can do presentation with a smile. If your unsure they can explain anything.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We came for a good steak, but were disappointed. The steaks were not well cooked, (one medium was more than well-done and a little burned), the chicken was bland and risotto did not have real risotto rice in it. It should though be said, that the service was great. The servers were attentive and very friendly. In total, poor food, but very nice service.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This restaurant was amazing! Being from a mining town my friend and I really wanted a mean that wasn't pub style and this restaurant delivered! I had a fillet steak which was a lovely cut and cooked to perfection. My friend had the chicken breast stuffed with scallops and prawns which was quite large but we both cleaned our plates. Service was quick but the restaurant wasn't very busy. There was live music which was a lovely touch. The prices were on the high side but you definitely get what you pay for. I will definitely be recommending this place to my friends and would not hesitate to come back.