“Feed The Man Meat”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brisbane QLD
“Feed The Man Meat”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This Hotel is opposite one of the best Motels in Rockhampton. It is a Man's Pub. It is very poular with the locas and actually rund rodeo's out the back of the Hotel. They offer a lot of steaks on the Meni and so thats what I had. Lot's of different choices in regards to sauces. The sald was very nice to with gourmet lettuce and Beer Batter fries. Only thing they didn;t ask how I wanted it cooked. It came out well done.

Normally don't like going to pubs on my own but the atmosphere over there was very warm and friendly. The staff were all very friendly as well.

Will eat there again if I am in Rockie.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank CamnViv

Brisbane
“Great steak!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great country pub with simple fare. Beautiful steaks that we're cooked superbly. Definitely worth a return visit and great value for money

Visited August 2012
Charters Towers, Queensland, Australia
“Gigantic meals in an outback setting”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My husband and I visited this pub one evening on a trip to ROckhampton for Beef Australia 2012. I ordered one of the specials - Veal served with mushrooms, and my husband the mixed grill. Mine was yummy and a decent portion, but my husband's meal was gigantic and he almost couldn't finish it. The decor inside is typical country AUstralia and outside has a rodeo arena, which I'm sure creates a fantastic atmosphere.

• Visited May 2012
Mallacoota, Australia
“Fun concept but poorly executed food”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We ate in the dining room and given that Rockhampton is the beef capital of Australia we had high expectations for the steak at this iconic hotel. We were disappointed from the time we walked in, our booking was on record but it still took the staff 5 minutes to seat us. The steaks were expensive and very ordinary - they are sold by weight which is interesting, mine was 1/3 inedible fat. The reef and beef had the lumpiest sauce I have ever seen - I would not serve it at home and the prawns were undoubtedly frozen imported prawns. Very disappointing and would not recommend. The hotel is being sold today so hopefully it has been picked up by someone who will inject a little love into it.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank aqob
Brisbane
“Great Pub Grub With a Side Dish of Rodeo”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We had a great night at the Great Western. We went on a Friday night and recommend you book the inside dining room is not huge. We could have also dined outside in the arena with a BBQ buffet but my wife chose to eat inside.

Our steaks were top quality and cooked exactly how they were ordered. The staff were so friendly and even bought out cars and colouring books for the 4yr old.

Go on a Friday night and you can check out the rodeo practice. Which is free to watch. The practice even came with background music and ring announcer so it was still really good. Worth a visit if you are driving through town.

• Visited March 2012