“Great steak, great service!”
Review of Hog's Breath Cafe

Hog's Breath Cafe
Ranked #37 of 200 Restaurants in Rockhampton
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Just had dinner here tonight with friends & it didn't disappoint. I love the Blackened Prime Rib, medium rare, with fries, vegies & Bernaise sauce. It's the only thing I ever order. The service was friendly & fast. Thanks Hoggies, Rocky! I'll be back next time I'm in town.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Love going to hogs breath. Just tried the Aussie steak meal, steak egg bacon and fries. Was fantastic but I couldn't even finish thd lite cut. Wouldn't recommend going on a Friday or sat night as service is normally rushed and mistakes are made. We went for a lunch on a Thursday and it was spot on.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband took me and our 3 kids here for my birthday and it was horrible. I felt so bad for him as he had expected so much more. We were all so disappointed. The steaks had no taste, it was like they had been boiled. On the up side the staff were efficient and friendly, pity the food was awful.

3  Thank Deb A
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Normally we are big fans of Hogs Breath, but not this week. We called at about 5pm Friday and were told there were no tables until 8.30pm. After some discussion we headed there at 6pm to have a few drinks at the bar. The place was about 1/4 full. I mentioned the possibility of a table and we were whisked through straight away! Interestingly, the place stayed about half full for most of the time we were there (left about 8.30). It just got worse from there really. Terrible service. Staff were friendly enough....when they came to your table. Drinks took at least 15mins to arrive at your table after you ordered. The only reason we left at 8.30 was because placing orders for food or drinks took so long, and then they took ages to be delivered! The only thing that happened quickly was ringing up the bill. This was not our usual experience at Hogs Breath, which was why it was so noticeable this time.

2  Thank Jai and Victori... H
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Big serves, but service sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. If you don't like steak there are few other options, but given that its a steakhouse that's kind of obvious.

1  Thank sola_ani