“Best steak I have ever had!”

Stonegrill Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 188 Restaurants in Rockhampton
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
“Best steak I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I will admit, from the outside this place looks like your average small town pub, but do not judge a book by it's cover. This is by far the best steak I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. The owner was absolutely great, loved the welcoming speel he put on, and all up for 5 people + several drinks each we only spent $350. Couldn't get a steak anywhere near as good as that, with sides AND drinks for FIVE people in Brisbane. Very reasonably priced. I will rave on about this place for the rest of my life haha

1 Thank crimsonpetals

Queensland, Australia
“Great steaks but that's all”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

As everyone says the steaks here are great but the limp chips tasteless veggies and cafeteria atmosphere take alot of it away.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Steak, awesome owner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Found that place here and gave it a visit! Best dinner desicion we made. You get in depth knowledge about the muscles and structures of the beef. The owner is a man of beef, he takes the time to show you how to prepare and eat your steak the best way. The meat you get is a blast! You grill it on the stone as you prefer, a bit of pepper and it is super delicious! You need to try it!

1 Thank Dominik S
“If I was awaiting the electric chair this would be my last meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Looks can be deceiving from the walk here , once seated we got a one of a kind introduction and lesson how to eat it right ( it matters so listen ) . I'll be back on the way to Brisbane best steak every thanks . The Irish family .

Rockhampton, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Steak - Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I love my food. I love a good steak even more! The humble Ascot Hotel in Rocky was without a doubt the best steak I've ever had. My wife, Claire and I took mate David Kelly from Inverell there for his birthday. We ended up having an experience! As mine host Will Cordwell said, the steak had its own flavour and I would not need the pepper sauce I have with every steak I've ever had. He was right. Like others who've written reviews, I will be taking every visitor to the humble Ascot. Loved it!