All reviews the river huge balcony washing machine and dryer cannot speak highly enough business trip serviced daily location is great couple of nights great place to stay spacious rooms good size would stay again steak undercover parking bedroom tv laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2019

Edge Apartments - very spacious, clean, up to date, and great staff. Easy parking and 24 hr reception - what's not to like. Great experience for our first time in Rockhampton. Views over the River. Huge apartment - would stay again - highly recommended.

Room tip: Rooms with a view of the river would be a good choice
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Grant C, General Manager at Edge Apartment Hotel Rockhampton, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Dear walsingham1963,

Thank you for sharing your 5/5 experience on TripAdvisor!

It is great to read you found our apartments to be spacious, clean and up to date.

I have passed on your kind words to the rest of our team and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Edge on your next trip to Rockhampton.

Reviewed February 14, 2019

Looked up this hotel on a website and then walked in for a better rate. Nice apartment hotel right opposite the river. Overlooks the river and the city. Parking available. Great restaurant (89) next door if you like steak. Parking underneath. Beds comfortable , room spacious. Bathroom good. Kitchen available if you wanted to cook.
Would stay again.

Room tip: ask for river view
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Grant C, General Manager at Edge Apartment Hotel Rockhampton, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Dear Peter O,

Thank you for sharing your 5/5 experience on TripAdvisor and for booking direct with us.

It is great to read you found the apartment nice and enjoyed the views over the river!

Reviewed January 22, 2019 via mobile

Back in rocky after 3 years for business looked through reviews and picked hotel due to the look and the fact it advertises it has a bar and restaurant only to find it closed last year. This was not a good start I did speak to the front reception and they were apologetic and very friendly. I believe that management need to clearly state that there is no bar and restaurant facilities in house. Saying that there are restaurants within close proximity , the reason I chose the edge was based that they had facilities that I could conduct businesses meeting in-house . The rooms were extremely well presented but required some minor maintenance as when I closed the blinds the blinds fell off but overall well maintained. Another issue was the extinguisher and fire blanket on the balcony had not been maintained since 2009 which made them well and truely non compliant. Management need to ensure they maintain the buildings fire safety compliance. Would I stay here again, yes I would but would prepare with byo

Good hotel good staff

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Grant C, General Manager at Edge Apartment Hotel Rockhampton, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2019

Dear Jonesy003,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

It is great to read you found the rooms well-presented.
The onsite, independently owned, restaurant and bar is currently between tenants - but our adjoining restaurant, Bistro 98, provides guests will room service breakfast and dinner and also has a wonderful bar onsite.

Regarding the fire blanket and extinguisher, they were leftover from a BBQ that was on the balcony - our hotel has six monthly fire and safety inspections and is 100% compliant.

Reviewed January 6, 2019

This was a lovely modern apartment hotel located right on the waterfront in Rockhampton with fabulous views from my top floor apartment up the river and across the city from all rooms and especially the large wrap-around balcony (2 BR apartment which would be great for 2 couples or a family). It was easy walking distance to the Pilbeam Theatre, Art Gallery and Riverbank area and not too far from the CBD to which I also walked. The apartment was very spacious and would be perfect for a family or 2 couples.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Grant C, General Manager at Edge Apartment Hotel Rockhampton, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2019

Dear Georgie2122,

Thank you for sharing your 5/5 experience on TripAdvisor!

It is great to read you found our apartments to be lovely and modern with fabulous views!

Reviewed December 19, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here during a recent six day business trip to Rockhampton.

The location is great, looking out on the river. The room is a good size, with adequate furniture. The room was kept spotless despite my sometimes untidy habits. The staff with one exception were very pleasant and helpful.

Two things deserve comment.

First, the room on the sixth floor was stuffy. The aircon was impossible to adjust. Sleeping with some ventilation was not pleasant. Running the cooling cycle was too cold. I reported the problem to the guy at the desk in the evening. He said it was a problem for the “manufacturer”. This was an odd response. I suggested it was a maintenance issue. He did nothing about it.

Second, there is no common laundry. When I asked about this the same odd dude at the night desk suggested I could upgrade my room for $20 to get a washing machine on the room. Hmmm.

The Edge has a charge back arrangement with the restaurant next door. I will review it separately. It is expensive for breakfast and stupidly expensive for dinner.

Despite this, The Edge is otherwise a good venue.

Date of stay: December 2018

Dear Countryeater,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and the opportunity to respond to your comments.

It is great to read you found the location great, the room size good, and our housekeeping team pleasant!
Our maintenance team have seen to the air conditioner in the room you have stayed and completed a full service on the unit - thank you for letting us know it wasn't running properly.

Perhaps for your next stay one of our self-contained apartments that include a laundry would better suit your requirements.