“Best place to stay in Rockhampton!”

Edge Apartment Hotel Rockhampton
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Rockhampton
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is the best hotel in Rockhampton, very modern, clean and super friendly staff. Rooms are sensational and up with the best apartments in Australia.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank James B
There are newer reviews for Edge Apartment Hotel Rockhampton

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We were sharing a 3 bedroom aparto (all self contained) ,,but the trip was spoilt a bit by one not so good breakfast in the restuarant. We stayed 2 nights, first breakfast was fine but the next one which was amonday morning was spoilt by a rather surly waitress and then when the orders came they were not very good. pity because overall a great place to stay!

Room Tip: We were very happy with our rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Great restaurant underneath as well, food was just delicious.
We loved out accommodations in a high 2 bedroom apartment with views and every facility and utility you could wish for. Services provided inclusive of room service was terrific so just did not want to leave so could only recommend The Edge to the maximum.
Short walk to the centre of town but really very conveniently situated between the two bridges. But really no need to go anywhere The Edge has everything at your beck and call and provided security parking.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tigerlil2
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I think people use luxury way to broadly these days, while I did not see anything too luxurious here, it was an excellent hotel. Rooms were large, bathrooms are new and the staff is great.

About the only thing I did not like, was key for the room, which was attached to what I could almost call a brick... when I asked staff about it, they said "it is so you do not loose it" ...

There are number of great restaurants in walking distance from the hotel, highly recommended place in Rockhampton

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at the Edge for 2 weeks during July, for business, in a one bedroom apartment. My colleagues also stayed in similar apartments.

The apartments were brand new, modern (flat screen TV's, trendy furniture, stone kitchen benches) and were spacious - mine even more so than my colleagues (I had a room facing the river). They were also impeccably clean and well stocked with quality tea/coffee, water, and dishwashing, kitchen and laundry equipment. More importantly, the service from both reception and cleaning staff was super friendly and efficient, even though the hotel was fully booked during most of my stay. A couple of the receptionists in particular went well out of thir way to assist us with an issue.

The hotel is also walking distance to a shopping centre with a Coles, and a number of great pubs and restaurants (I frequented the Criterion, Cambridge Hotel grill, Heritage Hotel, Punjabi Indian and Thai Tahnee).

This was one of the best hotels/apartments I have stayed in and I felt right at home during my extended stay. The bed was also super-comfy! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: the rooms facing the river seemed most spacious, followed by corner rooms.
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Was very impressed with this hotel! The sheer size of the rooms were unbelievable! My husband and I stayed there on business so we didn't pay for it ourselves but would defenitly stay there again at our cost! With all the amenities you will ever need for a longer stay from cooking utensils a stove, full size fridge all you need is your food!

Room Tip: One bedroom apartment a must have!
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed at the Edge for 2 weeks for work, going home for a weekend in the middle. The first week I had a room on the side, on about the 5th floor. It was lovely. The room was laid out very well, I was impressed that the apartment had everything I could need for a week long stay. The second week I was there, I was on the 3rd floor at the front of the building, the experience was different. The layout made me feel like a very small person in a very big room (great if you want a big room and aren't on a rather lonely business trip!) The traffic was a bit noisy in this front room in the morning (and I am not a light sleeper) and the air conditioner which was over the bed in this room dripped on me regularly during the night which meant a bit of sneaking down the bed!

That is the only negative. There is a great little gym, the restaurant downstairs is great, as is the one next door. It's a lovely view of the river, the location is great. The apartments are incredibly well equipped - I cooked my own dinner some nights. There is a supermarket about 5mins walk away, a walk to the top of the main drag is about 3 minutes.

Apartments were serviced daily and they did a great job. Security is excellent. I had a problem with the technology one night and quickly had a very friendly staff member assisting in my room. Being a young female I didn't go out far on foot at night, but that said I think it would be the same in many cities like this one. i don't know whether I'd rate this for "value" but if you need to live somewhere one week this is a perfect place. It boils down to this: rooms are clean, serviced daily, well located. I would just suggest requesting a higher room or a room on the side.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side or up a bit higher
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business