“Left sick and Dissatisfied”

Rocky Resort Motor Inn
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Rockhampton
Emerald, Australia
“Left sick and Dissatisfied”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

It a nice place however it is not taken care of in the cleanliness area. We stayed for two days and i dropped my phone on floor, and was shocked to see that there was an influx of dust which was never vacuumed under the bed, i had noticed the same thing a previous time a few months earlier and was wondering why I was sick, under the bed had not ever been vacuumed, the split system was, not cleaned other my sister sleep in another room and found an old drink bottle under her bed too with dust under there, when getting into bed i knot iced my sheets weren't not changed as there was dirt in it, so slept ontop of covers... I knot iced the cleaners on my second day not changing all the sheets on my sister bed that her family slept in for two nights... I spoke to the manager when handing in the keys and he tried to rush me as. Hee had a customer behind me so she wouldn't hear about the dirt in sheets and mould near window and dust under bed, i was sick for days after all sinus and chesty... Will never stay here again....and got no refund.....

Room Tip: Ask them to vacumm under bed, and make sure their sheets are changed, love the cemetery view and onl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
rockyresort, Owner at Rocky Resort Motor Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
I find this review at bit strange, On 19/06/13 and 20/06/13 all the carpets had been steamed cleaned be a local company, during these days I helped the trade person with moving the all the furniture including all the beds in every room. I find it very hard to believe that dust had built up in several days. When the guest was checking out we certainly did not try to rush her out as mention in the review, we take all complaints on board and try to rectify as quickly as possible .On check out the guest was fine and paid her account and walked out the front door and waited until what she thought was another guest checking (which was only the person delivering the laundry) out to unload these complaints when she thought she had an audience. The guest did have a lot of complaints even the weather which I think that we were getting the blame for. After this guest left, the room was checked and no dust was found under the bed and the curtains were closing properly. As mention in my opening remarks this review was a bit strange.
Don

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Rocky Resort has been my Accommodation of preference for over three years, It is better service and meals than the "Edge" in Rockhampton and I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this Motor Inn. I stay in many hotel/motels across Australia in 4 different states and while I chop and change in every other destination, I have stayed here exclusively after the first visit. Don and his partner Julie McLeod are excellent hosts and the meals are not only large, but 5 star quality!
The rooms are very clean and the house staff does an excellent job daily. I must say one of the best futures of this Accommodation is the nil tolerance on smoking in the rooms; they are always fresh and free of unwelcome odours! My advice: Don’t drive past!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a really nice motel. It must have only been built in the last few years. Staff are pleasant however we tried to check out at 7.30 and the office didn't open till 8 so we had to lock our keys in the room. Prob won't stay here again but only because the location didn't suit.

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely stay at this motel on recent trip to rockhampton. The room was very clean and staff were always friendly and helpful.My only disappointment was on day of departure. To see the blatant disregard of professionalism from a member of cleaning staff prancing around in barefoot.

• Stayed June 2013
Sorry that it has taken so long to reply to this, it is certainly not our policy to have staff walking around in bare feet, there are several issues so as a safety and health issue and also an image issue. It has taken me all this time to track the problem down, but I have just recently found where the problem was and have dealt with this problem. I thank for this feed back, because sometime times if it isn't feed back like this, owners don't get to hear about these sort of things.
Don
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our stay was nice. The rooms are pretty compact but it's definitely had a recent renovation. If I could give it 3.5 I probably would, but I'd say more 4 than 3.
Nice town all up, I'd probably stay here again if I came back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jacinta W
Grasstree Beach, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed at here for one night on our way home. I have mixed feelings about the place. I have read most of the reviews and can sort of agree with pretty much all of them. The motel has good street appeal and the room we had was okay, not bad, but not good. I have to agree with quite a few of the reviews, attention to the owner, if you are going to be in this industry, a simple smile won't hurt. I can see from most of the reviews, you don't respond, it's like don't care what people say.
Any way, we ordered dinner to our room, we were tired and wanted a good shower, something to eat and a good night sleep after a day on the road. Dinner was delivered to our room, I must say it was pretty average, definitely not prepared by a chef, there was no place to eat no table, there was a desk and an office chair, very poor arrangement, I figure if you offer room service supply something to eat food at. The bed was comfortable and the shower\spa were good, the room was clean and tidy but four star, maybe not it's better than three and a half stars but not four.

Likes:
Location
Room size good
Bathroom good
Other room facilities good

Dislikes:
Lack of table to eat at
No breakfast on the week ends
Little to expensive for what you get
Lack of cheerfulness
Room up stairs (not good after a drive all day)

Would I stay there again....probably not (The Edge at the same price wins hands down)
My advice to the manager, take a trip to Brisbane and stay a night at the Brisbane international and see what the same cost will get you. (The smiles are free)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PMGALEA
Brisbane
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I do not like at all! The cemetery behind the motel!! The spider web outside of rooms! The bed is very cheap and not comfortable. It is very dark in the room. They do not have much in the room at all& I would say it is hotel 3 star.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple