“Meals are good but time to change your menu”

The Edge Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 198 Restaurants in Rockhampton
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Want to have a venue equal to that of Brisbane. we've held quite a few business lunches at the Edge and never been disapointed. Some have been simple 1 hour lunches and many others quite a few hours. Great Service and well priced. Must change the menu though, it's a bit old.

1  Thank Rocksolidreview
There are newer reviews for The Edge Restaurant

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Food was not the restaurants strong point. I know it is a long way from a major city but given the prices that are charged customers have an expectation that the food will be good.
I had a pasta dish one night that was a shocker. Breakfast was good but get in early as service slows down considerably once more than 10 people are seated.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were lucky enough to be given a dinner voucher for 2 from friends for The Edge Restaurant for our engagement. It was one of the best gifts we got!! It was nice to treat ourselves. The restaurant has a nice ambience. The staff were very attentitive and professional. The food was amazing and the cocktails were very refreshing. Thanks so much! Can't wait to return.

1  Thank SRS_1985
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and i ate here last night, and it was terrible. We are neither food critics nor do we contribute much to trip advisor (actually i think this is our first time) - we just appreciate a good meal and good service and we were let down completely on both. Such was our experience last night we felt compelled to write this. Our drinks order, while it was taken promptly, took more than 20 minutes to arrive. It was not a busy night - at a guess i would say the restaurant was half full. Those were the only drinks we got all night - we were there for 2.5 hours and noone asked if we wanted another. At one point a waitress came up and grabbed my empty beer glass from the table and walked away without asking if i wanted another!

My wife ordered lamb cutlets for her main meal as she was fairly hungry. The meal cost over $40 which is about the standard price. What came out were two small lamb cutlets that were mainly gristle and fat. The meal was tiny. It was a small entree at best. It seemed as though the chef was running out of lamb and sent the last 2 cutlets out as a "main". My wife also said the lamb tasted as if it were afew days past its prime ( ie old). It was a shock to be served a tiny portion of nearly turned meat at a premium price. The rest of us had steaks, which were average. I expect average steaks at a stakehouse or a pub, but at a restaurant like this (and for the price we paid) I expect the meat to be a good quality cut and cooked exactly right. It wasnt. I also expect to be given a steak knife to eat it. I wasnt.

After we finished our meals , we sat for 45 minutes waiting to be asked if we would like dessert or coffee. We had to go and find a waitress. My wife ordered baklava with turkish delight. About 20 minutes after we ordered, the waitress came out and said "the chef has run out of turkish delight, is that ok?" There was no offer of a discount nor an alternative dessert. There certainly wasnt any apology. While it wasnt really a big deal, it just displayed a very poor standard of service. When the baklava came out it was obvious that the pastry had been reheated in the microwave. It was terrible. I had an affogato which set me back $12!!!!!!!!

All up the meals were poor to average and service was shocking. I dont know if this is the standard in rocky or whether the edge is just a bad egg. Either way, i wont be back.

1  Thank billybevans
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Having dined in this restaurant last time I was in Rockhampton I was keen to see if the quality was as good on a second visit. It wasn't..it was even better. The food was excellent with a creative and humorous twist ( not something you can say about most restaurants). My friend dined on Singapore Chilli Chicken and I had the deconstructed Chicken Parma, both of which were on par with any top Sydney restaurant. The meals offered were different than last time but my understanding is that the chef is cooking a seasonal menu which means a certain amount of change. Wine service was just as good and we both can't wait for the next trip up there!