“"Outstanding Motel,Quiet,Friendly,Clean and Comfortable"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Capricorn Motel & Conference Centre

Capricorn Motel & Conference Centre
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Rockhampton
Cairns,Australia
“"Outstanding Motel,Quiet,Friendly,Clean and Comfortable"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recently drove from Cairns to Brisbane to visit my Daughter and Grand children. Deciding on Rockhampton as my overnight stay point , I did my research on several Motels in the area and chose the Capricorn Motel. I could not have been happier with my decision ! As with most cities, motels are generally located within close proximity to main roads or highways for top exposure.....the downside can then be the intrusion of continual traffic noise to disrupt ones sleep.
Well, the Capricorn Motel is only 50-60 metres off the highway, but i enjoyed very pleasant stays there both on the way South, and 6 days later on my return.I was extremely impressed with the quality and cleanliness of the rooms-First Class ! Unfortunately, on the nights I stayed I arrived late,so I am unable to comment on the quality of the food served there however, I have no doubt it would be of a very high standard.The complimentary continental breakfast was appreciated,and allowed for an early departure.Michael and Jodie should be immensely proud of their establishment, and I wish them continued success with the " Capricorn Motel"
I highly recommend this as THE place to stay whilst in Rocky! Thank You for you Hospitality !
Jeff C, from Cairns

Room Tip: All rooms are Ground Level, and have Individual areas outside the room to sit and relax in a garden...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jodie W, owner / operator at Capricorn Motel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Hi Jeff, Thanks for the great review.Its a shame we never got to meet. We really appreciate that you have taken the time to write it. We take pride in our motel and are pleased when guests can see that. Thanks again and hopefully we will meet next time you pass by this way:)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Staff very friendly, they even moved us before we arrived, because they wanted us to have a quiet room after our long drive. The room was rather basic, but very clean and tidy. The pool is a nice place to cool down.

Room Tip: All rooms looked good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jodie W, owner/operator at Capricorn Motel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thankyou for your review, we appreciate the time you have taken to write it.

Kind regards Jodie
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Having travelled extensively for the last 10 + years, I've experienced all levels of accommodation, from 3 to 5 star. Sometimes I've been left bewildered by services provided at them all, on both ends of the scale. I'll admit to never being 1 to read reviews before deciding on staying anywhere, but for some reason I did on this occasion, because it'd been quite some time since I'd visited Rocky. All the reviews I read proved to be extremely accurate. Michael & Jodie delivered 1st class service, a very friendly, relaxed atmosphere & nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent, very well proportioned & the room spotless........geez.......I felt like I was at home !It's easy to own a hotel/motel, but to do it properly takes passion & pride. Thanks guys, I'm so glad I stayed & will definitely be back without a doubt ! Gerard from Maytronics Australia

Room Tip: ALL the rooms are good !!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jodie W, Owner /Operator at Capricorn Motel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thanks Gerard,

Thanks for the great review, we hope to have you back again on your next travels this ways. A nice guy who's a pleasure to have here.:)
Whitsunday Islands, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on my travels to Brisbane and return. I had given them four stars on a previous visit but to be honest it is better than that. The rooms are impeccably clean, the people operating the motel very friendly and will go out of their way to ensure your stay is comfortable. I highly recommend this facility as the place to stay in Rockhamton. I was actually on my way to and from Brisbane and whilst away had a fabulous trip first class on Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong and then to China to Mission Hills where I played golf for four days. How do give a place in Rockhampton after completing a journey like that - well for value for money this motel and the operators are as good as I have experienced anywhere in the world.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Jodie W, Owner / operator at Capricorn Motel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Hi Ross, thankyou once again for your kind and generous review. It way more than we would expect from anyone. Please let us know if we ever start to "drop the ball". :)

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We arrived after a long journey from Brisbane, enroute Airlie beach and Jodie the Manageress was very welcoming, helpful and was very much aware of and in tune with weary travellers. Our rooms were sorted out very quickly and we settled in for the night - but we were hungry! Hungry and the restaurant had just closed - not a problem for her and she promptly organised some food for us at very short notice - the sort of attention to customers that should happen everywhere. Thank you! The rooms were motel standard, clean and comfortable and the outlook on one side was to the pool which was clean and cleaned daily. There is not much you can say about a motel but in this instance everything was well presented, clean and the enthusiasm and kindness of the staff made the short stay all the more worthwhile. If we are ever travelling in that area again then we will stay there. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks Ian for your review. I hope the rest of your holiday went as well or better. It's definately no problem to help out when we can. It also helps when the people you are serving are as nice as your family.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

This motel is more than I expected. The rooms are bright and roomy, clean and have everything you could need for a comfortable night. Lovely gardens surround the rooms. We had a very nice meal in the restaurant and loved the Turkish garlic bread and tender steaks. Friendly management and staff more than great value for money.

Room Tip: Don't think you can go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jodie W, Owner/operator at Capricorn Motel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thankyou Karen, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. Our aim is to provide clean comfortable rooms, great service and great food. thanks for ticking all those boxes in your review :)

Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Just had our second stay at the Capricorn Motel in under a year. Both stays were excellent. Good sized and well appointed room, clean, great service on arrival from the owners, parking right outside the room and a pool. The restaurant offers great home made food and is licensed. All in all a great little motel on the highway. You even get a complimentary continental brekkie in the price. Thanks for a good sleep and keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jodie W, owner/operator at Capricorn Motel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thankyou for your review, we appreciate the time you have taken to write it. We will also look forward to having you here again.

Cheers