See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 20, 2012

A beautiful house, lovely and attentive hosts, gorgeous breakfasts... a big comfortable bed, a wonderfully appointed bathroom, everything fresh and clean... we loved our stay and will absolutely be coming back again sometime... perhaps in summer so we can use the pool!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We were just passing through Rockhampton on our honeymoon roadtrip, and didn't think much of it when we booked at this B&B, but were so pleased with the whole experience. Stan & Marion were really friendly and gracious hosts, the house was in excellent condition and beautifully put together. Every tiniest detail was very considerate, like range of bedding in our room with spare pillows, toiletries including extra touches like body lotion in the bathroom, down to a jug of fresh water in the fridge and magazines at our bedside tables. The house is gorgeously decorated in a charming country style, all the fittings and homewares were of high quality, from the bed to the shower to the plates & utensils. We had a fantastic homecooked breakfast as well - gourmet fruit plate with yoghurt, to poached eggs with toast, bacon & roasted tomato. We couldn't recommend it more.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kopibren
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Stan and Marion were excellent and helpful hosts, and they have lovingly restored this outstanding heritage accommodation with beautiful furnishings and artwork, while including all modern conveniences and delicious breakfast. Our room had French doors onto the wrap around verandah, with lovely views over the garden and across the city, and was very quiet. The house is up on the hillside near the Botanic Gardens, with many other beautiful houses and gardens around.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Where do I start? Stan and Marion were an absolute pleasure and took great care of us. The room was nicely decorated and extremely comfortable. The shower in the bathroom is probably the best shower I have ever had in my life, incredible. We only stayed in Rockhampton as a stopover but decided to head out for a bite and a few drinks, so instead of grabbing a taxi into town Stan insisted that he drove us. Nice touch. The next morning we were treated a beautifully cooked breakfast, one of the best we had on our honeymoon. A lovely place to stay and I cannot recommend it highly enough. If you are in Rockhamton, then stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I found myself stranded in Rockhampton after a car accident and came to stay at Athelstane House until I could travel home. I was so lucky to find such a wonderfully serene and peaceful location. The delicious and beautifully presented breakfast is served on the gracious 'Queenslander' verandah, this is a glorious time of the day so try and take the time to enjoy this. My room was beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. I could use the lounge and kitchen and had everything I needed, nothing was missing. The house like their guests is well cared for, with attention to the smallest detail. Stan and Marion went out of their way to help me from the moment I arrived late at their door to the day I left.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo