Seabean Tapas Bar Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 127 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Seabean's tapas bar is open from 3pm come along and sample some of our authentic Spanish dishes, along with a beer, wine and of course carafes of sangria located on our own relaxed corner of Wharf and Warner street where you can sit back and enjoy stunning views ,watch the sun go down behind the mountains as the boats sail home whilst sharing delicious plates of sumptuous tapas , With the help of our friendly staff, enjoy a Spanish tapas banquet of your choice or choose from our mains selection featuring paella, fish, duck, steak and more And embrace the continental way of sharing the occasion with friends and loved ones Still the home of our famous coconut creme brulee, served in the 1/2 nut. We are vegetarian and gluten free friendly.
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This place is just awesome and one of Port's best kept secrets. We've been visiting it for years and it just gets better and better. A great place to sit down and enjoy great wine and really good tapas! There's nowhere else like it in town. Firstly, this is truly outstanding value for money. Secondly the food is always fresh, top quality and the wine list is top notch without the tourist town mark ups. Finally, the service here is brilliant. The staff make you feel at home and provide great advice. Don't go past the crocodile croquettes! Finally they'll always do everything they can to get you a table - a far cry from the "oh you don't have a reservation?" catch cry you hear everywhere else. Keep up the outstanding work!

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I'm genuinely surprised why this place is rated so low. Food was fresh and lovely, good combo of Spanish tapas and Aussie ingredients. Relaxed atmosphere, great service, friendly people, even better value, what more do you want?

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had a good night eating out at this restaurant. The service was excellent - cheerful and enthusiastic. No long waits for food here, just the right amount of time between courses. We had a jug of sangria, some bread with 3 very tasty dips, and 2 different types of paella. They were happy to make changes to my dish to accommodate my seafood allergy. My partner had the seafood/pasta type paella and while he enjoyed the flavor he was a little disappointed in the quantity and quality of the seafood.

Overall, a good place to dine with excellent service and a reasonably priced menu.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

The Seabean was not established the last time we visited Pt. Douglas. We found it while strolling thru town after a walk on the beach. It's located at the corner of Wharf St. and Warner St. You'll have to stroll a little further thru town, past many other restaurants, to find it.

We originally had intended to just stop in for a sangria and tapas before continuing on to dinner at another restaurant. We were seated at a nice table with a view of the inlet and the little church, St. Mary's by the Sea. Lorikeets were flitting about and making their usual evening ruckus. The owner pointed out the "Wet Season Special" which included a carafe of sangria, bread and dips tapa (see photo), paella, and salad. So, we decided to stay for dinner. And we're glad we did.

The bread tapa came with a selection of Chick Pea, Pumpkin, and Beet Root dips. None of those, and the beet root specifically, sounded particularly appetizing to me. I have always LOATHED beet root. We have found over the years that beet root is a common salad and sandwich ingredient in Australia. In the past I had always been careful to avoid it.

After sampling the dips, as prepared by the Seabean, I am a convert! All three were excellent. I actually enjoyed the beet root and finished it off with the rest of my meal. I was quite surprised at how good it was. It encouraged me to try another beet root dip later in our trip while visiting family in Melbourne. I didn't even pick out the beet root slivers from a salad served at another restaurant during our vacation.

The paella was a nice saffron Valencian style. It was a smaller paella, but along with the other dinner items it was plenty of food for the two of us. We had no room for dessert.
The $50 Wet Season Special was a very good value.
All in all, a very nice dinner at a pleasant and relaxing location.

Beet root. Who'd a thunk! ;-)

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

What can we both say... Me and my partner just dined their tonight and food came so quickly - prices were reasonably cheap compared to tapas in Melbourne - service was cheerful! I def recommend it :) the food portions was plentiful for a couple - ordered 4 tapas plates + dessert and jug sangria came to about $65 we didn't even get to finish the yummy sangria was so full :) highly recommend it -