“Food Heaven in Port Douglas”

Seabean Tapas Bar Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 115 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Seabean's tapas bar is open from 3pm come along and sample some of our authentic Spanish dishes, along with a beer, wine and of course carafes of sangria located on our own relaxed corner of Wharf and Warner street where you can sit back and enjoy stunning views ,watch the sun go down behind the mountains as the boats sail home whilst sharing delicious plates of sumptuous tapas , With the help of our friendly staff, enjoy a Spanish tapas banquet of your choice or choose from our mains selection featuring paella, fish, duck, steak and more And embrace the continental way of sharing the occasion with friends and loved ones Still the home of our famous coconut creme brulee, served in the 1/2 nut. We are vegetarian and gluten free friendly.
“Food Heaven in Port Douglas”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I walked around for about half an hour looking for somewhere that appealed to us for dinner, on our way around to the marina we came across this beautiful little restaurant, they managed to squeeze us in without a booking, I couldn't commend the staff higher on their friendliness and service and the food was absolutely exquisite. I had the marinara which was jam packed full of beautifully cooked, fresh, local seafood with beautiful al dente linguine and my better half had a beautiful tender steak on a lovely bed of mash with wilted green beans and a scrumptious jus, the garlic bread was also exceptional and the drinks selection is very extensive and they can whip up a mean cocktail, I'm just glad we have another week up here because we will DEFINITELY be returning to Seabean!

Brisbane, Australia
“average”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

i specially went for the coconut creme brulee. I was very disappointed. The presentation was wonderful however the custard lacked flavour and was not sweet enough. The toffee coating was very thin and flavourless as well and it was a very expensive dessert

• Visited October 2012
Tasmania
“Good spot for tapas”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had tapas here one night when we didn't feel like a big meal. We ordered a selection which pleased everyone except for one choice which was a single sad prawn wrapped in a sliver of prosciutto, tasted off and extremely poor value.
The other choices were all good, finished with the coconut creme brûlée, not actually the best I've ever tasted but very cute in the coconut shell with tropical fruit on the side, best shared as it is a generous serving.
Nice spot to listen to the birds coming in to roost and the bats coming out to play!

Visited September 2012
“Coconut cream brulle to die for!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

First day in Port Douglas, I went to this place for dinner... And went back twice after that! Only for the coconut cream brulle - excuse my French. It is best to have after tapas/ light dinner and share it... A bit too much for 1 person, I think. For tapas I had the octopus, my oh my, it was fantastic! The service is great, always greeted with smile. And dont forget to ask for their special cocktail of the day, it got me thinking for a week when I was there!!!! :-) loved this place!!

Auckland
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We ate here on our last night in Port Douglas. Prior to Seabean we had sampled 8 other restaurants.

What a great way to finish our holiday. This restaurant is great.

We enjoyed Tapas sharing plates to start. All were excellent.

For our mains, I had the paella and my husband had the eye fillet. Both were amazing! The paella has so much seafood, chicken and chorizo that I only managed half of it. Superb!

The children's dishes were the best kids menu we've experienced all week!

We finished with the creme brûlée on advice of our waitress - as the restaurants signature dish. Wow! The other trip advisor reviews were totally accurate. It was a real highlight.

I would definitely eat here again if we were staying longer.

Lastly I need to mention the staff. The service was excellent. Attentive but not too attentive. Very friendly and efficient. Thanks for a memorable dinner.

• Visited October 2012