“Delicious”

Watergate Restaurant & Lounge Bar
Ranked #1 of 118 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Watergate Restaurant & Lounge Bar is located in the heart of Port Douglas, at the corner of Grant and Macrossan Street behind the Rotary Park. Enter down the flame lit path from Macrossan Street.The restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor dining.Watergate's cuisine is Modern Australian. Executive Chef Lee Neate sources fresh, seasonal produce to prepare innovative dishes, that reflect contemporary trends in Australian cooking.Opening hours : the restaurant is open for lunch from midday, and dinner is served from 5:30pm, seven days a week. We also have a light lounge menu available available through the day until late.Watergate also has a well appointed bar, ideal for a cocktail as the sunsets, or maybe a light meal from the lounge menu with a bottle of wine. It is also available for a pre-dinner drink, or desserts and coffee at the end of the night.
“Delicious”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We recently had a week in Port Douglas & one of the highlights was dinner at Watergate. My tuna was amazing, best meal I ate in PD!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Geelong
“What great service”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I recently had a night out at the watergate hotel. Our meals were quite nice however the highlight of the night was the excellent service that was provided. I recommend giving it a go.

Visited October 2013
Whangarei, New Zealand
“What a great place.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This restaurant was awesome. Our waiter was from NZ, and he was able to give an excellent description of the meals available. Great prices, excellent food. Would highly recommend.

Visited October 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We went to Watergate for our last night in Port Douglas. When we arrived, it was really quiet, so we decided to have a drink the bar first. The bar is a really nice area and you feel like you’re in a bar not just part of the restaurant.
Both mains were excellent, especially the kangaroo loin. Service was good, friendly too.

Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent...as expected”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

After a recommendation from Michelle on today's tour, I sought out Watergate. I chose to sit immediately, instead of having a drink in the bar. I ordered a sparkling wine whilst reviewing the menu...already knowing what I was going to order, pretty much. Michelle recommended the pork belly, amazing!! The service was very attentive, it was a quiet night admittedly, but the ladies looked after me. The menu was creative and modern. A limited but diverse choice of entrees and mains was offered. An extensive wine list, with staff willing to offer suggestions for matching. I didn't have dessert, but it all looked amazing. Definitely a restaurant worth your time when in Port Douglas