“Just beautiful!”

Ranked #8 of 127 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Australian, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Elegant outdoor dining in the tropical rainforest of North Queensland. We specialise in romantic dinners for 2 to group functions and weddings.
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Food is stunning, service was excellent. Book in advance and no children under age of 8. The Mud Crab is worth it!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,790)

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We were recommended to dine here, so maybe we over anticipated it. I was expecting amazing. Everything was very nice but nothing was outstanding except maybe the spectacle of the coral trout. Service was good though it did feel as if they were being more attentive to larger tables who were obviously going to spend more than us. Eating outdoors was lovely until next morning when I counted my tally of mosquito bites. I did find it very dark which is nice for atmosphere but I'd have preferred seeing the food better. It was a very expensive bill. It may be one of the best in town but it's a small town.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We went for pre-dinner drinks and were shown through the dining area up to the pre-dinner drinks area higher up under the tropical canopy. We had excellent cocktails in even better surroundings. It was very romantic.
We didn't have time for dinner, but enjoyed the cocktails experience, we'll definitely return.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Overall a very good experience if you are wanting a special dinner. Amazing ambience being set back in the trees off the main street. The setting is the best thing about this restaurant. Food is good, without being great (and a bit disappointing considering the price you pay to be honest), but the staff are very good and we didn't have much to complain about walking away. The best chili margaritas!

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband took me here for my birthday! Firstly, the setting, decor etc is truly beautiful. You feel like you are dining in the middle of the rainforest. We were greeted and after a little name mix up were offered a drink before being seated for dinner. Expensive drinks but to be expected. We were then shown to our table with menus. I explained I was a vegetarian and was given a separate vege menu which was very nice. We ordered some bread to start which was very nice and some complimentary canapés were brought out. I asked if they were vegetarian and the waiter (whose English wasn't great) said they were pig (I thought he said pea) luckily another waiter quickly came and explained and a waitress came out and gave me a vegetarian canapé. They knew I was a vegetarian so this shouldn't really be happening in a restaurant of this calibre. Canapes were great though. For our mains my husband had the beef and reef with a side of truffle mash. He said his meal was absolutely amazing. I ordered with asparagus risotto which to be honest was bland, watery and I expected more for $35. Bit disappointing. We had the caramel banana crumble for dessert which was meant to have a sparkler in it for my birthday but was obviously forgotten (our european waitress was sweet but perhaps a little more attention to detail needed). Dessert was delicious though. Lovely setting made up for the few complaints on my behalf.