“A wonderful night under the stars”

Nautilus Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 118 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Australian, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Elegant outdoor dining in the tropical rainforest of North Queensland. We specialise in romantic dinners for 2 to group functions and weddings.
Victoria
“A wonderful night under the stars”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

A second visit to Nautilus was even better than last year. Wonderful food, lovely evening with the covers drawn back, just a great evening. Will be back again. The degustation menu with matching wines was worth every $. My only gripe would be that there was plenty of room but we were seated next to a quite loud couple so overheard all of there running commentary about the food and drinks. There was plenty of room to spread out. Luckily they left after the main course.
But overall a great night.

• Visited October 2013

Austin, Texas
“Execellent Meal”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I can't rave enough about Nautilus! My husband and I luckily made a reservation the day before, so were able to get an 8pm reservation. The service was impeccable as was the meal and the drinks. The restaurant is nestled in a beautiful outdoor space and definitely has a romantic feel (even though there were a few children with families there). Best restaurant in Port Douglas!

• Visited September 2013
Perth, Australia
“OUTDOOR DINING at its best - the most amazing dinner for a special birthday”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was the most amazing place I have ever eaten at in Port Douglas.
This was our second trip back as we had been in 2008 and as I was celebrating a special birthday we chose to revisit this gorgeous region of Queensland.
From the time you enter you are in awe of the tall trees, tropical plants and lighting. This is a romantic dinner option and surprisingly not that expensive.
You are welcomed to their bar area with delicious cocktails, I had the Mango house specialty and my partner the Lemon drop. Both were divine!!!
Once seated in the big chairs in main restaurant you can really appreciate the rain forest atmosphere, there are a few levels to this place and each makes you feel you are the only ones there.
Service was exceptional and attentive though not an intrusion.
We did the full 3 courses, prawns and the pork belly (delicious) for entree and reef and beef and fish of the day with seasonal vegetables for main.
Even though we were so full we couldn't go past sharing a creme brulee (my all time favourite) and as it was my birthday they came out with a sparkler and wished my a happy birthday.
This is a great place and I cannot recommend it enough, if you have a special occasion to celebrate and what it to be romantic - THIS IS the place to go.
NOTE - We chose to dress up but we noticed there were a few people who chose to dine here in shorts and a shirt.
Can't wait to go back again next time we are in Port Douglas

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SandiandGlenn
“Fine dining in a rainforest atmosphere”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The food, service and atmosphere makes this an essential visit when in Port Douglas.

It is terrific to find a menu that seems to have something for everyone, including a magnificent mud crab.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sharyn G
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Lovely setting”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A great venue, hidden in the bush and away from the noisy street. Great for a special night out. The food was lovely and the service impeccable, albeit a bit impersonal. My dessert ( soufflé ) was a bit too sweet for my liking, but lovely and light. Definitely a must for all romantics.

• Visited October 2013