“Good Thai”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Connecticut
“Good Thai”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Star of Siam is on Macrossan and has sidewalk seating. The food was good as was the service. You can bring you own bottle of wine if you dine in. We ordered take away the following night and noticed that the takeaway menu was about 30% less expensive than the dine in menu and the portions seemed larger. They also offer free delivery to your hotel in a short amount of time.

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
Townsville, Australia
“Average at best... ”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Went here on while on holidays for an easy meal. We had mussaman curry and it was disappointing. It was warm at best (temperature wise) and tasted like it was out of a can, very bland. Also had one full size barely cooked potato in it, and meat was large and chewey.

Also we were charged $7 for 2 very small serves of rice, prob around half a cup cooked each.

Would not recommend here

2 Thank Lopeman
Melbourne, Australia
“Worst Thai I have ever experienced...”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Honestly, I just finished attempting to eat the worst Thai I have ever come across. My husband and I are staying at QTs for our 1st wedding anniversary. We decided to have a quiet night in and get take away from Star of Siam on our last night here. We ordered the Gang Masaman Beef, Pra Ram long Song (steamed vegetables with peanut sauce plus chicken) and coconut rice. It was terrible!! I always eat my food and I actually couldn't eat my meal. The Masaman was flavourless and oily, the vegetables and chicken tasted old and reheated and the Coconut rice did not have one ounce of coconut flavour. I am highly disappointed and happy that I am returning back to Melbourne tomorrow.

On another note, I can HIGHLY recommend food at Harrison's and Estilo - the only other places we dined during our trip.

• Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Wow! Wow! Wow!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Best Thai food I've eaten. Beats the stuff in Thailand too, I think.
Duck curry - amazing.
BBQ chicken - amazing.
Octopus - amazing.
Calamari - amazing!!

Will definitely come back here next time we're in Port D!

Visited February 2014
Port Douglas, Australia
“Excellent Home Delivery”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were planning on calling another takeaway and found them closed. We were pleasantly surprised and impressed with the dishes we ordered this week. A wet, monsoonal night. Fast, friendly delivery & good value. All dishes (duck, prawns & steamed vegetables) were fresh and flavoursome. Will recommend.

• Visited February 2014