“Whoa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Salsa Bar & Grill

Salsa Bar & Grill
Ranked #4 of 116 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the heart of Port Douglas, this 'must-do', award winning restaurant encompasses all that dining in the tropics should be, fun, fresh, dynamic & memorable. Operating for over 20 years, Salsa's reputation derives from its amazing and eclectic menu, extensive wine list, professional and friendly staff as well as a bustling and vibrant atmosphere.Whether dining with a friend, family, group or wedding - you can't go past a good Salsa experience!
Sydney, Australia
“Whoa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Definitely best place in Port Douglas and one of the best restaurants I've been to.

try their stake.

Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Best food & service in Port Douglas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

We arrived for lunch & were greeted by smiling staff who seated us promptly and explained things well. We drank a cocktail each that was perfect for warm weather & were served an amazing two entrees. Pulled Pork Poppers & Yellowfin Tuna tartare left us wanting to lick the plate - amazing presentation & flavour. Just when we thought we couldn't be amazed anymore our Tapas tasting plates arrived to further gastronomic excitement! The 5 tasty morsels were beautifully displayed and tasted even better. The best Barramundi spring rolls in P.D. Order one plate each as you won't want to share! We finished with two desserts that kept the standard high - Ice cream tower & Strawberry Pannacotta. We'll be back!

“Overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Made a booking here for 4 people and my 2yo. When we arrived we were told to sit at the bar, after 25minutes of looking at a table that we were sure was ours, I asked when we would be seated. They weren't busy, but the waiter just pointed to the table we had been looking at. Finally a waitress came to us a good 5 minutes later, I ordered a drink which wasn't received until after my main. We had the home made Turkish bread and dips which were yummy and probably the only thing on the menu reasonably priced. I picked out pork that was $24 and then was told it was only an entree, gave that a miss as I had seen the entree sizes. Picked the pomegranate lamb for main which I think was $36, lamb was over cooked and not worth the money. My husbands steak was also ordered rare and cooked med/well. After looking at our mains and how much we had already spent on things that, as a housewife, I could have cooked better at home... We didn't bother with dessert.
I love eating at expensive restaurants because they are normally superb, this was not.

4 Thank Kirei d
London
“Great food and friendly, helpful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Yummy starters, the Thai chicken spring rolls and the pulled pork poppers were very good. We had the special for main, slow cooked sirloin with goats cheese mash, peppercorn sauce and beetroot relish, really good. Just had enough room to share the chocolate and Cointreau soufflé which is a must. It looked like most other diners thought the same judging by the number coming from the open kitchen. Staff were lovely, helping us make menu choices and chatting while clearing plates. Make sure you book in advance as I don't think they had any walk-up tables available on a Tuesday evening.

• Visited August 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Very nice but wouldn't say its the best in port douglas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a night out here with my parents. The food was nice but our meals were all luke warm and fish over cooked. Service was good but no atmosphere I found it noisy near the fake fountain. I wouldn't say romantic. Harrisons or watergate are romantic.

• Visited August 2014