“Awesome”
Review of Salsa Bar & Grill

Salsa Bar & Grill
Ranked #4 of 117 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Port Douglas, this 'must-do', award winning restaurant encompasses all that dining in the tropics should be, fun, fresh, dynamic & memorable. Operating for over 20 years, Salsa's reputation derives from its amazing and eclectic menu, extensive wine list, professional and friendly staff as well as a bustling and vibrant atmosphere.Whether dining with a friend, family, group or wedding - you can't go past a good Salsa experience!
Bunbury
“Awesome”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Service, food, view. Salsa can not be faulted. Pork belly for entree, chilli & coffee rubbed sirloin and their signature dessert " the cointreu chocolate souffle left me not only very full but very satisfied

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Beautiful lunch”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is great service, great food and a great experience. Would highly reccomend for any occasion. Some might say its pricey but I'm happy to pay for a good meal when I get one!

“Great @ disappointing”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Wow our 1st meal there, couldn't fault it, but the next night, boy what a totally different experience very disappointing 2 night's @ worlds apart, you really would not know that it was the same place, staff still pleasant @ certainly did their best, not sure what happened, but certainly was different on the two occasions I think I will choose to remember our positive experience as this was a night @ food to remember

“WHERE'S THE MUD CRAB ?”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We ordered the mud crab linguini costing $32. Tasty BUT at $32 one might have expected more than six somewhat small halves of crab; given there is not a great deal of meat in them. Not at all did I think one should pay $32 for a plate of pasta dotted with few morsels of mud crab. Give it a wide berth. There's better places in Port Douglas.

1 Thank darryleknowles
Muswellbrook, Australia
“Perfect!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked this restaurant online months ago while planning our honeymoon and from what I had read in the reviews, I was really looking forward to eating here. We definitely weren't disappointed and the hype is true. This restaurant deserves any praise it gets!
We were seated as soon as we arrived, right at the front of the restaurant with gorgeous views out to the water and chapel.
Our waiter read out the specials and had obviously studied and knew exactly what he was talking about. I ordered the mango nut cocktail which was a meal on its own! Delicious! Hubby ordered the yabby Cannelloni as an entree. He was amazed at how good it was and was.tempted to lick his plate clean. He then ordered the jambalaya for main and I ordered the sirloin. Once again the meals were perfect. Well presented with lots on the plate. Next we ordered the dessert sharing plate which changes all the time. This time it had macaroons, a chocolate cake and poached peach. All perfect!
Our waiter made sure that we were happy with everything on a few occasions even though the restaurant was extremely busy and he was run off his feet. Very impressed.
My big tip is to book!! We saw numerous people having to be turned away because the restaurant was full.
Overall this was a wonderful experience and if we ever get the chance to come back to this beautiful town, this will be our first port of call!