“Great views and relaxing last night experience.”
Review of On The Inlet

On The Inlet
Ranked #11 of 121 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We welcome you to join us at On The Inlet: Port Douglas' iconic seafood restaurant + bar located over the beautiful Coral Sea. We're here to tantalise your taste buds with the finest fresh local seafoods and an inspiring tropical cocktail list in Port Douglas' most enviable waterside location (reservations highly recommended)
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our last night in PD was spent at this restaurant and it was the perfect way to end our holiday. The atmosphere was relaxed and our waitress the best we had experienced during our trip. Food was good with great gluten-free options and my partner loved the mars bar sundae - he would return for that alone. Feeding the fish the scraps from our plates and watching the view was a wonderful bonus.

There are newer reviews for On The Inlet

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Recommended by a local, we went for dinner - on a Thursday night. From the outset the staff were friendly and accomidating without being over-bearing. Starters were excellent - they really know their seafood in the kitchen. Mains were equally impressive.

We'd been to Salsa and Harrisons earlier in the week - but this pipped them both.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We went here today. I must say im im pretty happy. Although the bucket of prawns and beer is great value, we didn't order any due to the fact u had to peel them yourself and I had just got my nails done, so we ordered off the snack menu. The snack size fish and chips were very large and cooked to perfection. My other half had the fish taco which also came with a corona which was only $10! Bargain! Sitting out on the deck with a couple of quiet beers and lovely food was great, but the highlight of the argternoon was when they fed the groper. George didn't come to the party, but there was a groper there which was massive but only half the size of George apparently. None the less it was still a huge fish and a good show. Good value for money, good food and a fantastic atmosphere, I would definatly go back again.

1  Thank tammyk2
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I dined at On the Inlet with some girlfriends a few months back. We dined at a few popular spots and whilst On The Inlet was good overall, service wise it didnt stand out as much as the likes of consistent favourites, Salsa and Zinc.

The chap at the front was friendly and.accommodating. We were seated promptly and were advised of specials. The menu looked great however with 3 pregnant ladies in tow there were a couple of special requests, a couple which I feel could have been handled better by wait staff.

For example, a friend asked to have her lamb rack well done instead of rare and the waitress put a bit of a guilt trip on as the chef wouldnt want to cook it like that. Agreed lamb at its best as medium-rare however this was more for health reasons that just being picky. She just made her feel a bit guilty about it all and I dont think it was particuarly professional.

Another friend ordered a bottle of wine she reguarly drank however found it tasted a bit off. The same waitress advised her it was fine, without tasting it, and again put on the guilt trip!

The rest of the eve was good, food very tasty and the atmosphere was fab. Would I return, sure. I wouldnt write off a place over one waitress but with so many amazing restaurants in port with friendly staff, I might recommend other places ahead of On the Inlet.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This restaurant used to be a great place, situated over the water with exceptional food in a casual setting. Menu reads the same but the quality of the food has dropped enormously. Fish and Chips were cooked in old oil, the saganaki came to the table cold and rubbery (has to be served crisp and hot or is inedible), rest of the meal wasn't any better. My advice is don't bother, overpriced and bad quality

2  Thank KayLawrence