“Exceptional Quality!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Exceptional Quality!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

After a long line of disappointments with restaurants at Port Douglas my friend and I believed we truly struck gold with this restaurant!

We had ordered chicken fried rice and were extremely glad that the host had provided us with all that we requested at no extra charge i.e. plates, forks, etc.

Not the cheapest chinese food I've ever eaten but definitely a light at the end of the tunnel with tasty food after a long struggle!

Would definitely recommend this place to all!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Alisha G

DeWitt, New York
“Pleasant place, good food”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had a nice, relaxing meal here and the food was pretty good, but not excellent.

It's a definite step up from the fast-food type Chinese food that you might get in some take-out places, but it wasn't the very best, either. I've had better in many places, primarily because the sauces here seemed to have somewhat muted flavors.

If in Port Douglas again in the future, I'd consider returning if my cravings leaned toward Chinese food.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Joe H
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Nice service but bland”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for flavor - go somewhere else- service was fine- but the two dishes tasted exactly the same- ordered chow Marin and chic with cashew nuts- and beyond bland.

2 Thank rella118
Warrnambool, Australia
“High Quality”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 weeks in Port Douglas and just happened to come across this place one night looking for something to eat for tea. We are glad we did because it is some of the best Chinese we have ever eaten. Definitely worth it, also they do delivery to resorts in the area.

2 Thank 935569
Sydney, Australia
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a good Chinese restaurant in the heart of Port Douglas. The quality of the food is pretty good, however the quantity isn't generous and the prices are a lot higher than the Chinese food found in other areas but are on par with Port Douglas prices. The menu is what you'd find at your local Chinese restaurant.

Be careful of the how much alcohol you order as it can be more expensive than the food. Seven of us went for dinner and we had two rounds. The beer ended up costing more than the food.

Would I go back? I wouldn't avoid it but I certainly wouldn't rush back. There are some other close by that I'd rate higher based on price and quantity, while of being similar quality.

• Visited April 2014