“Great location, lovely food”

Court House Hotel Port Douglas
Ranked #43 of 127 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: The Courty as it has become affectionately known, is the oldest pub in Port Douglas and one of the most iconic pubs in Australia. We are located on the corner of Macrossan St (Port’s main street) and Wharf St (overlooking Anzac Park and the harbour). Behind the magnificent heritage Queenslander façade and wide open verandas is a much-loved full-offering local pub. This relaxed and welcoming neighbourhood pub is perfect for lunch, dinner, drinks or a night out on the town. Tailor your own experience at the Courty; whether it is casual large lunches with the whole family, afternoon cocktails in the sun with friends, a much-deserved cold beer, quiet corners for a quick bite to eat or late night celebrations on the open air verandas.
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I am fussy when it comes to steak, so pleased to say I had a spot-on medium rare steak here last week. The scallop and prawn skewers were the best seafood/salad combo I've had in recent memory. Service is the only thing that lets it down a bit, which seems to be mostly backpackers.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Hi decided to give the new car a run up to Port Douglas and have lunch at the Courthouse Pub what a let down Food was cold..... sent back twice and still cold.... this is pretty bad as it was Spring Rolls that had to go in the deep fryer....salad no dressing to be seen. Husband meal not much better I feel ashamed that I am a local and they are putting up meals like this to our visitors from all over the world, come on get your act together and start putting up the meals that you did a few years ago.By the way my husband is a Chef of 40 odd years so we know what we are on about.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

On our last night in PD we decided to give the Court House pub a go as it looked busy and interesting. All of our meals were very nice however each lacked something to make them special. The scotch fillet with chips and salad lacked any sort of dressing, the garlic and chilli prawns lacked ommph, whilst the Coral Sea curry was nice it also needed extra flavour. Nice group of waitstaff and a popular local drinking hole.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband loves a Parma so we came here to eat on their Parma night, what a mistake. As Aussies we have eaten many Parma's in our time and we both agree this could possibly be the worst one we have ever eaten. It was extremely dry, like it had been under a heater for hours and there was hardly any sauce or cheese. Although we both ordered the same meal we wouldn't go back as you should be able to judge a pub by the quality of the Parma's they serve!

2  Thank SarahandMarkW
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Surprised at the good reviews for this place. Had basically steak and chips - not rocket science or hard to do but mine was so bad, stringy with fat/tendon under cooked (asked for medium rare) and came very rare . Asked for a replacement and another steak arrived but cooked so rare it was nearly munching grass plus they decided to give me a different sauce to what I ordered. The waiter was almost apologetic (jury is still out on this) and I ended up getting my money back. Of the others that ordered steak, one asked for medium and it was very rare, another asked for medium rare and it was well done.

If this was for a cheap steak maybe we could accept it but for a $30+ fillet not a chance. There are too many nice places in Port Douglas to ever want to go back here again. If it was my place and I made a mistake on a steak I would at least try to get it right the second time with lots of apologies etc - to get it so badly wrong again and do nothing....

3  Thank millerman