I booked this property based purely on the reviews on TripAdvisor, and was not disappointed in any way. This place is fantastic. We stayed 5 nights in a one bedroom Shantara Apartment, and could not have wished for anything better. The apartment was meticulously clean, and it appeared that all the furniture was brand new (it certainly looked that way, there wasnt a mark on anything!). The first night i needed a blanket and found one in the cupboard - still in its packaging and unopened. Good points: very spacious bathroom with deep bath, huge shower. Big bedroom with its own air cond and ceiling fan. Plenty of hanging and wardrobe space. Kitchen appliances (toaster and kettle were all we used) seemed as if they too were never before used and straight out of the box! Decent sized separate pantry, and good sized fridge. The only (small) picky thing i could fault is that the lounge area isnt overly big. Just enough room for a small round dining table, 2 seater couch and chair, plus tv unit. This open plan area also had ceiling fan and separate air cond system. We had an apartment with its own private decking area, complete with outside setting, and direct access into the pool. Just wonderful!! Staff were great, nothing too much trouble. Shantara is a short walk to the main shopping/restaurant precinct, and not far from the beach either. We dined twice at a place called 'Watergate' in Macrossan street, and can highly recommend it. Excellent menu and delicious food, also lovely atmosphere. This resort is geared more towards couples, we didnt see any children there during our stay. Lots of families with very young children/babies strolling around Port Douglas, but none at our resort (which was what we were hoping for, dare i say it!). Most of the time we had the pool to ourselves, and it was fantastic to be able to step outside our lounge room and practicaly be at the pools edge. I would absolutely, positively stay here again in the future, there was really nothing i could fault. A truly wonderful place to spend our anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas is the newest accommodation in Port Douglas and offers quality boutique style Apartment accommodation. An Adults only retreat ideal for couples, honeymooners or the independent traveller looking to escape in tranquil surrounds (Children over the age of 15 are welcome). Shantara is located walking distance to Macrossan Street, where you will find an array of Restaurants, cafes & only 400-meters to Four Mile Beach. Shantara has a selection of spacious one bedroom apartments with full kitchen, lounge/dining area, spa baths and separate shower. The studios are perfect for the shorter stay with kitchenettes. Outdoor balconies to all apartments to sit out with a relaxing drink after a day out. Available also is free Internet access, cable TV/DVDs and laundry facilities to all apartments and studios. 2 Pools - heated in winter. Gymnasium, Day Spa for personalised treatments, undercover BBQ area for guests to try out the local produce. All rooms and external area are Non-Smoking. Shantara Resort Port Douglas is a family operated business offering personalised and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shantara Resort Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Shantara Hotel Port Douglas