I don't want to seem to negative about this hotel but I think some facts should be recorded in case others get The wrong idea about the place.
It's very clean and new.
It has 2 pools, the public area of one can only be reached by going rig around the back of the building.
There is no bar
There is no restaurant
There is no 24hr concierge
The room we had was a pool/hotel room ... It was small, just big enough for a queen bed and a round table.
There is a kitchenette in the bedroom that is 70cm from the end of the bed containing a fridge, microwave and sink along with a tv and a line of kitchen cupboards with crockery etc.
They charged me an additional $25 to have the room serviced daily even though the travel agents website (expedia) had no mention of this.
There is a very small staff presence during the day and no lifeguards or other staff monitoring the pools.
They charge $5 if you want the towels changed during your stay.
It's close to the centre of town.
It has no gardens (well a small one at the front)
It has free parking.
The shower was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas is the newest accommodation in Port Douglas and offers quality boutique style Apartment accommodation. An Adults only retreat ideal for couples, honeymooners or the independent traveller looking to escape in tranquil surrounds (Children over the age of 15 are welcome). Shantara is located walking distance to Macrossan Street, where you will find an array of Restaurants, cafes & only 400-meters to Four Mile Beach. Shantara has a selection of spacious one bedroom apartments with full kitchen, lounge/dining area, spa baths and separate shower. The studios are perfect for the shorter stay with kitchenettes. Outdoor balconies to all apartments to sit out with a relaxing drink after a day out. Available also is free Internet access, cable TV/DVDs and laundry facilities to all apartments and studios. 2 Pools - heated in winter. Gymnasium, Day Spa for personalised treatments, undercover BBQ area for guests to try out the local produce. All rooms and external area are Non-Smoking. Shantara Resort Port Douglas is a family operated business offering personalised and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shantara Resort Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Shantara Hotel Port Douglas