Stayed here for 6 nights for our first wedding anniversary. The hotel appealed to me after reading other trip advisor reviews - mainly for the reports of cleanliness, quietness (no kids!), good location and pool deck rooms. We booked a studio pool deck room but on arrival our room was having its air con fixed so we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment on the 1st floor. I was a bit disappointed we wouldn't have the pool deck but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it poured with rain for our whole holiday and it was much more worthwhile to have the bigger room than a pool deck, since it was not really sunbaking or swimming weather!
The room was lovely, had everything we needed (e.g fridge, microwave, dishwasher, stove etc, air cons and ceiling fans, couches tv, stereo, table & chairs, big bed, wardrobe, great bathroom with spa bath, big shower, spare towels including pool towels and hair dryer and bathroom amenities.) Everything was very clean and we opted to have only 1 mid stay service which was enough for us, I don't feel the need to have clean towels and my bed made every day whilst away.
We had a table and chairs on the balcony too overlooking the pool which was lovely.
I am glad we had the 1 bedroom apartment as we spent quite a bit of time there and the studio room may have been a bit cramped (if you had good weather though and weren't in the room much this wouldn't be an issue...)
The location was great - walking distance into the main street and to the beach and marina. Didn't use the spa facilities. Pools looked lovely but only swam once due to the poor weather. I think they were plenty big enough.
We liked the no kids policy as it made for a lovely quiet stay with no kids running around.
The staff were lovely, always accommodating and helpful - no problems there. They booked tours for us and gave advice re restaurants and weather forecast!
My only complaint would be that the pillows were not very good, would have slept much better with my own pillow!
I would absolutely stay here again, I don't think you could beat it for the price and location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas is the newest accommodation in Port Douglas and offers quality boutique style Apartment accommodation. An Adults only retreat ideal for couples, honeymooners or the independent traveller looking to escape in tranquil surrounds (Children over the age of 15 are welcome). Shantara is located walking distance to Macrossan Street, where you will find an array of Restaurants, cafes & only 400-meters to Four Mile Beach. Shantara has a selection of spacious one bedroom apartments with full kitchen, lounge/dining area, spa baths and separate shower. The studios are perfect for the shorter stay with kitchenettes. Outdoor balconies to all apartments to sit out with a relaxing drink after a day out. Available also is free Internet access, cable TV/DVDs and laundry facilities to all apartments and studios. 2 Pools - heated in winter. Gymnasium, Day Spa for personalised treatments, undercover BBQ area for guests to try out the local produce. All rooms and external area are Non-Smoking. Shantara Resort Port Douglas is a family operated business offering personalised and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Shantara Resort Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Shantara Hotel Port Douglas