Travelled to Australia recently to visit family and decided to spend a week in Port Douglas. Really liked the Shantara because of its no U16s policy. The week was divine. Luigi and Mariane were delightful hosts and were always on hand for any queries, suggestions for places to eat, tours to take etc. The resort is only a few minutes walk from the main street AND the beach so very well positioned. Accommodation was excellent, absolutely beautiful and clean. The two pools were divine and some of the ground floor rooms have access straight on to the pool deck. A barbecue area is also provided if you wish to eat outdoors. We sat out on our lovely balcony each evening having some drinks before we sauntered into town to choose from a wonderful array of restaurants. The best part of our stay here was the wonderful quiet. No kids screaming by the pool at 9.0am, or even 9.0pm! Can thoroughly recommend a stay in this beautiful resort.
Property: Shantara Resort Port DouglasAddress: 27 - 31 Davidson St | Port Douglas, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877, Australia
Location: Australia > Queensland > Port Douglas
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool
Ranked #5 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Port Douglas
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Shantara Resort Port Douglas 4.5*
Number of rooms: 54
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas is the newest accommodation in Port Douglas and offers quality boutique style Apartment accommodation. An Adults only retreat ideal for couples, honeymooners or the independent traveller looking to escape in tranquil surrounds (Children over the age of 15 are welcome). Shantara is located walking distance to Macrossan Street, where you will find an array of Restaurants, cafes & only 400-meters to Four Mile Beach. Shantara has a selection of spacious one bedroom apartments with full kitchen, lounge/dining area, spa baths and separate shower. The studios are perfect for the shorter stay with kitchenettes. Outdoor balconies to all apartments to sit out with a relaxing drink after a day out. Available also is free Internet access, cable TV/DVDs and laundry facilities to all apartments and studios. 2 Pools - heated in winter. Gymnasium, Day Spa for personalised treatments, undercover BBQ area for guests to try out the local produce. All rooms and external area are Non-Smoking. Shantara Resort Port Douglas is a family operated business offering personalised and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shantara Resort Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Shantara Hotel Port Douglas