If you want a relaxing holiday then this is the place to stay. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment on the 2nd floor which was very spacious and overlooked the pool from our balcony, and everything is as good as you see on the internet. The condition and furnishings in the room are first class, the towels and bed linen superb and the king bed was really comfortable. There was an air-conditioner and ceiling fan in both the lounge area and the bedroom. The bathroom has a walk in shower and a spa bath too and is also very spacious. The kitchen area was well equipped with premium crockery and utensils, and they supply milk pods and tea and coffee sachets etc for when you first arrive. There are two outdoor pools and one has a BBQ area for guests to use. There is also free underground parking at the apartments if you drive to Port Douglas. If you prefer privacy and quiet then I would suggest a room on the 2nd floor rather than the rooms on the ground floor that have direct access to the pool from their rooms. The only downside is that for non smokers it is irritating when other guests' cigarette smoke periodically drifts from their balcony onto yours if you sit out, but you can get that in any hotel. Having said that we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas is the newest accommodation in Port Douglas and offers quality boutique style Apartment accommodation. An Adults only retreat ideal for couples, honeymooners or the independent traveller looking to escape in tranquil surrounds (Children over the age of 15 are welcome). Shantara is located walking distance to Macrossan Street, where you will find an array of Restaurants, cafes & only 400-meters to Four Mile Beach. Shantara has a selection of spacious one bedroom apartments with full kitchen, lounge/dining area, spa baths and separate shower. The studios are perfect for the shorter stay with kitchenettes. Outdoor balconies to all apartments to sit out with a relaxing drink after a day out. Available also is free Internet access, cable TV/DVDs and laundry facilities to all apartments and studios. 2 Pools - heated in winter. Gymnasium, Day Spa for personalised treatments, undercover BBQ area for guests to try out the local produce. All rooms and external area are Non-Smoking. Shantara Resort Port Douglas is a family operated business offering personalised and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Shantara Resort Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Shantara Hotel Port Douglas