Wow! What a beautiful resort! This is my 3rd time to Port Douglas but my first time at Shantara. I have walked past this resort often and looked at their website and promised myself I would stay here one day.
I was greeted warmly by the ladies in reception. They were lovely and informative. Nothing seemed like too much trouble for them.
I stayed in a studio pool deck room. The room was an average size as I was travelling solo. It may be a little small for a couple. If staying longer than 2 or 3 nights, definitely choose a bigger room. I was fortunate enough to get a room on the heated pool side – as requested in my booking. Requests can’t be guaranteed, so it was very much appreciated to receive this. The room was spotless and very stylish. It had a bar fridge, microwave, tea/coffee making facilities and a toaster. As well as a ceiling fan and air con. The bathroom was large and modern.
The main reason I chose this resort was the adults only factor. This is noticeable when staying here and especially around the pool. No annoying, squealing children to ruin the serenity of the place and spoil your holiday.
Shantara Resort is absolutely stunning. The photos on their website are exactly what you get. I can’t wait to return next year.
Thank you for a wonderful holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas is the newest accommodation in Port Douglas and offers quality boutique style Apartment accommodation. An Adults only retreat ideal for couples, honeymooners or the independent traveller looking to escape in tranquil surrounds (Children over the age of 15 are welcome). Shantara is located walking distance to Macrossan Street, where you will find an array of Restaurants, cafes & only 400-meters to Four Mile Beach. Shantara has a selection of spacious one bedroom apartments with full kitchen, lounge/dining area, spa baths and separate shower. The studios are perfect for the shorter stay with kitchenettes. Outdoor balconies to all apartments to sit out with a relaxing drink after a day out. Available also is free Internet access, cable TV/DVDs and laundry facilities to all apartments and studios. 2 Pools - heated in winter. Gymnasium, Day Spa for personalised treatments, undercover BBQ area for guests to try out the local produce. All rooms and external area are Non-Smoking. Shantara Resort Port Douglas is a family operated business offering personalised and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Shantara Resort Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Shantara Hotel Port Douglas