“Great”

More attraction details
Owner description: Daintree Discovery Tours lets you experience this area rather than just looking. From Mossman Gorge, to Cape Tribulation. Daintree River and the stunning Cassowary Falls. We are the only tour that can get you to this beautiful waterfall (travelling along bush tracks in our soft top Land Rover!). Small groups, exclusive sites with both half and full day tours available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

My Hubby and I really enjoyed the full day tour and highly recommend it to anyone after a different experience! Our tour guide Kim was very knowledgeable and kept us entertained for the whole day - there was not a dull moment. The small groups was a massive plus with only 8 in our group we got to ask more questions and find out more information you usually don't get in bigger group tours. Thank you for such a great experience.

Visited November 2013
Grant-Knight, Owner at Daintree Discovery Tours, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Hello, and thank you for your review. It's great to see all our guides are providing such a good service to our guests. Kim is one of a kind. He has loads of knowledge about this area and is a great photographer on top of that. So don't be scared to ask him for some photographic advice as well!

You hit the nail on the head with your asking questions comment. That is what a tour is all about. Giving you the information that you would otherwise never be able to find out. And the smaller the group, the easier it is. So good advice if you are after information, go with the smaller groups every time.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“What a great day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Professional , well organised but above all great fun ! Helen our guide was both entertaining and knowledgeable . Small groups and the varied itinerary make this tour truly memorable.

Thanks for the review Julie. We definitely aim to give our guests a diverse day full of knowledge, and above all fun. Great to hear, that is exactly what you got.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best tours in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was my third experience with Daintree Discovery tours and was just as good as the two previous trips I've done with this company. A few years back we did a full day tour and a year after that, a half day tour - both of which were great.
This time our guide was Grant, the owner of the company, and he was was fantastic. Extremely knowledgeable and amusing, he made the tour very relaxed and entertaining. The whole day was great with the highlights being a swim at Mossman Gorge and Cassowary Falls. Cassowary Falls is such a spectacular spot and getting there in the 4WD through beautiful Daintree pastoral land is great fun. The falls themselves are so very beautiful and diving into the water from underneath the falls is one of the best things I've ever done. You are surrounded by the most extraordinary natural beauty and wildlife (eels, turtles, water lizards) and the water is the perfect temperature - refreshing without being too cold. I didn't want to leave!
After three tours with this group, I can unreservedly say that each tour has perfectly highlighted the breathtaking beauty and diversity of this area. We will definitely use them again next time we are in Port Douglas.

Visited May 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review..... and for coming out with us so many times. You know you are doing something right when you get return guests. I'm glad that you think I am amusing, as my kids just think my jokes are lame! You've gotta love dad jokes, I know I do!

We look forward to seeing you next time.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Wish every tour guide could be as knowledgeable as Les! He kept us well entertained all day with his informative and funny commentary. Ask him how long his half day hike up Thornton peak took him and his son! Croc spotting on the Daintree river was a highlight, along with encountering some of the rare cassowaries that inhabit the rainforest. Especially loved the 4wd rumble through the bush to the waterfall pool for a refreshing dip at the end of the day. Thankyou so much Les for a memorable day.

Wetaskiwin
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our day in the Daintree”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I should preface my comment by saying I paid my way through university driving tour buses through our Canadian Rockies.
I wish every tour guide was as knowledgeable and enthusiastic as Les. He also has a good sense of humor and is a good driver. I sat in the front seat all day.
We particularly liked the small group size (7) and the unique locations you took us to.