“Magical night”

and up
Cairns Flames of the Forest Dining Experience
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Flames of the Forest transports you into a world beyond your imagination so relaxing and uplifting you will never want to leave. A completely intimate, natural experience set within the candle lit rainforest under a black silk canopy highlighted by crystal and budlight chandeliers, Flames of the Forest will create an unforgettable memory at an extraordinary venue. Tuesday and Thursday nights feature two local Aboriginal brothers sharing their remarkable culture with you during the evening. The performance features a cultural background, story telling, didgeridoo playing and song. The rainforest is the natural, authentic backdrop for this spiritual and mystical culture, a performance unique to Flames of the Forest, where you will learn about their timeless oral traditions. Saturday night is for the romantic at heart in this magical place. This intimate evening features a six course tropical tasting menu and quality Australian wines whilst being serenaded by our solo acoustic guitarist. Perfect for honeymooners, small wedding receptions and those seeking a unique dining experience, Flames of the Forest is truly food for the soul.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I cannot recommend this highly enough! Loved everything about it, the secret location, the setting, the food, wine, the entire experience was fantastic. Yes, it's expensive, but so totally worth it. Loved the Aboriginal Cultural Experience, loved everything about it. Will be back with my husband soon!!!

2  Thank KavaCat
Natalie J, Director of Sales at Flames of the Forest, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear KavaCat,

Thank you for your lovely review of everything Flames! We hope your husband has just as much of a wonderful evening as you have upon your return - we look forward to having you back!

There are newer reviews for Flames of the Forest

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This place took my breath away & I will never forget this night EVER it was the best 30th birthday present I could have wished for! Absolutely stunning surroundings, amazing music and great stories by the Creek Family not to mention scrumptious food and delicious wine! I am gluten and dairy intolerant and the staff were well prepared and provided advice on each of the meal options that were delivered to the table or gave me a separate plate. For once I didn't feel like the odd one out, I actually felt special. Definitely an experience to add to your holiday "must do" list when visiting FNQ. I assure you it's worth every penny!!!

2  Thank CourtonaMission
Natalie J, Director of Sales at Flames of the Forest, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear GOCALM,

Another 'must do' thank you so much! Delighted your dietary requirements were well catered for and that you enjoyed what the kitchen prepared for you together with the wine.

What a wonderful way to celebrate your 30th birthday - we are so pleased you had such a memorable time on your special night!

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We visited Flames of the Forest on the first night of our honeymoon.
My husband called ahead to confirm and advised of dietary requirements which was that I don't eat red meats. On the evening I was still given meat dishes and when I mentioned we had spoken to the office regarding this the waitress was nothing less than rude. After this I was sent out deep fried vegetable fritters and a vegetable fritatta which were nothing to write home about.
We had to keep asking for our wine to be refilled throughout the evening and the 2 waitress's gave the impression we were just an inconvenience.
Not a great start to our honeymoon!
Disappointing when the ambience and music was really incredible!

1  Thank Winer_and_Diner1
Natalie J, Director of Sales at Flames of the Forest, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Winer_and_Diner1,

Congratulations on your recent marriage and we are delighted you enjoyed the ambiance and music on our Saturday evening!

I understand how it can be disappointing when you have a dietary requirement - I am both gluten and dairy intolerant so I, like you, always reconfirm! We have followed up with the office and the kitchen regarding this as it can really make or break an evening. I was most surprised to read your comments about our staff - it is certainly unusual. As this is an anonymous forum, we are unsure when you travelled. Should you be in a position to email us directly with the date of travel, we will be certain to follow this up as one of the things we normally receive feedback on is how wonderful and accommodating our staff are.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The whole experience was brilliant and the food was delicious. If you are looking for something special to do while in Port Douglas, this is a must.

Dear Kellie H,

Thank you for reviewing Flames as a 'must'! We are delighted you found the evening to be brilliant and special and we hope to see you again in our little pocket of rainforest!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a great way to spend a night with your signifcant other. It is very survivor like and romantic. My girlfriend and I really liked it.

Dear Troy H,

Always a pleasure to hear a gentleman refer to something as romantic!

Thank you for your kind review and it is wonderful you and your girlfriend had such a special evening with us!