After pouring through reviews on this website I decided to stay at Oaks Lagoons for our trip to Port Douglas. I was pleasently surprised by what I can only describe as an awesome place to stay!
Our trip started by flying into Cairns ans opting for the Oaks Lagoons transfer service for $33 per person. Great decision! The company who they used were there waiting for us with signboards, in uniform and was an easy uncomplicated way to get to the apartments.
After a 4am start and 9 hours in transit I was relieved when greeted by a very professional reception, who warmly checked us in, giving us maps and food options.
The hotel was very vell maintained, we were in a studio swim-out apartment which offered a king bed, bar fridge, sink, tea/coffee and a few plates, cups and cutlery. The room was clean, had air-con, fans and of course, a stunning pool!
There were 5 or 6 pools around the resort and they were all as warm as spa baths! Although we shared our pool with 6 other swim-out rooms which were mostly occupied, we had the pool to ourselves most the time as everyone was off doing different things through-out the day.
We had dinner once at Tree-Tops next door and were very impressed at the service and quality of food. Most the time we travelled into town to various places to eat and a few nights we bought meat and salad and made use of the BBQ facilities on-site.
Getting to and from town was an easy 10 minute drive on the shuttle bus visiting other resorts. The shuttle comes frequently and drops at different places around town picking up at the Tree-Tops next door.
We had mobile phone and internet reception from our room so was able to book all our tours ourselves.
Only negative is when a family is in the pool it can be very noisy in the rooms. There is a 7am-9pm curfew on the pools though and the gates get locked at night so we actually found it very quiet at night.
Over-all I loved the place and would go back again any day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas