We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which was really well equipped and spotlessly clean. The air conditioning was great and essential as the weather was very very hot and humid. We had a swim out apartment which meant that we could step out of our apartment straight into the pool which the kids and myself loved. Great moment at 4am when the jetlag kicked in when I went outside (which was warmer than inside the airconditioned apartment) and swam in the pool in perfect silence!
The pool is securely behind locked gates from the apartments which spoils the feel of the place a bit but keeps everyone safe so a really positive thing for those travelling with children.
Loved it - perfect for the more independent traveller but you definately need a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas