My husband, mother and I recently returned from Port Douglas after a 10 night stay at Oaks in a 2 bedroom apartment. This was the second time my husband and I have stayed there having spent 10 nights there in 2012. Traveling with mum, we booked a 2 bedroom apartment to give us all space and privacy. We also upgraded to a swimout as we prefer to go straight from our room to the pool. Our apartment was clean, spacious and we had all the things necessary for a great stay.
The Oaks is out of town which suits us as it is generally quieter and we hire a car to get around anyway but for those concerned, the shuttle runs from next door at the Ramada on a regular basis. There is no onsite restaurant but we went to the Ramada for breakfast and dinner on a couple of occasions as well as self catering and eating in town. The BBQ area is well set out and it's nice chatting to other people traveling through from different parts of the world while cooking dinner.
We can't fault our 2 visits and would recommend to anyone traveling to Port Douglas to book an apartment for their stay. Our best tip is to get a room on the sunny side as the pool is always warmer for swimming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas