I was some what leary about renting an apartment style room on my stay in Port Douglas. In the past I have only done traditional hotel stays. I was more than pleasantly surprised by how nice our accomodations were!! They were super clean. The set up was perfect for us. I needed my own studio, but since I was traveling with another couple, we wanted to stay close but not together. We each had our own apartment. I had a studio and the other couple had a whole suite. There was a outside door leading from outside. Then when you enter there is a small vistibule with two more doors each leading to our own apartments! Both apartments over looked a pool and had a balcony that was shared, with a jacuzzi tub! I would do it again and highly reccomend it to anyone looking to stay in the area. At Oaks Lagoons we met Helen who works in the lobby and could not have been nicer to us!! She was so helpful and genuinely nice. Wonderful person. Since there is no place to eat at Oaks Lagoons Helen reccommeded we go next door to the Ramada Inn. They have a restaurant that serves breakfast/lunch and dinner. The wait straff is excellent there and they could not have been nicer either. There is also a shuttle bus that you pick up at the Ramada that takes you all over for $5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas