I was in town a couple weeks ago for the solar eclipse. I decided to stay in Port Douglas rather than Cairns, and I'm glad I did. The room, while basic, was clean and the bed was comfortable. As others have mentioned the bathroom was a little small, but fine for me. The mini-fridge and sink were nice to have, as I stopped at the store in town and brought back some food and drinks.
I didn't mind being a bit out of town (it's more expensive in town, of course), but the shuttle buses that run from the hotel just next door run frequently and the ride is only about 6 or 7 minutes, so getting in and out of town is no big deal at all.
Where I found they really excelled was the front-desk staff, who were always quite friendly and helpful. They do close down and lock up the lobby around 7 p.m. or so. I was a little confused about how to get back to my room after going to town at night, but figured it out (go around the side) quickly enough.
Also, when you're in Port Douglas, the birds there are amazing. They lorakeets are beautiful, if a bit loud. So keep an eye out for them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas