Our stay was welcomed by reddish blood-looking stains at the foot of the bed and on the wall in the bathroom of our hotel spa balcony room. We liked the room as it had the spa and everything else was fine apart from the limited bench space in the bathroom which caused us to compensate by cramming our toiletries onto the kitchen bench and they were getting wet after the washing up. You have to pay for a housekeeper if u wanted daily cleaned rooms, new sheets and new towels otherwise YOU will be washing your TOWELS and sheets or using the same towel for days during your stay as they only offer ONCE A WEEK housekeeping!!!!
During our stay, our mini bar fridge broke down and the issue was managed well after hours however, after speaking to the Manager the next morning, he simply said we could not be moved into another similar room but had to inconveniently walk back and forth into the adjoining room to use their fridge and other facilities (which we did not need or use) and were told not to use the bed (probably to save money on housekeeping as they have been stingy with housekeeping anyway!).
Please note that Reception closes at 7pm so if you require any help after that there won't be any unless it was an emergency.
In addition, unlike most 4.5 star resorts in Port Douglas this one does not have It's own restaurant so you will need to eat elsewhere.
Overall, it was not like a 4.5 star resort and for what we paid for we should have received a lot more!!! Very disappointing! We definitely won't be staying here again and would not recommend it as you are better of paying the SAME amount and staying at a 5 star resort!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas