If you arrive in Port Douglas and have not booked anything for accommodation, then you'll see plenty of signs for Standby accommodation.
For choice, choose Oaks Lagoon. You may not get the best view but for value for money….tops!
We paid $109.00 for a spa room. The bed was definitely luxuriously comfortable, but be warn, it is a two king size single beds joined together; and you can feel this.
But the spa….it is a full corner spa on a balcony and there is plenty of room to eat outside too. We enjoyed the spa and by turning the TV around….watch a movie….all in total ‘zen’ comfort. We made a make shift table with our wine, nibble food….and we were set for a few hours. It was definitely worth $109.00 we paid and much much more.
So instead of reaching for the WOTIF, ISTAZ or whatever short list accommodation you know. Have a drive through Port Douglas and see if you see any of these sign and save yourself a bundle of cash.
And in doing this if you see a blue sign on the right hand side “Oaks Lagoon” standby rate…..do yourself a favour and see if you too can a night to remember.
Good Luck !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Oaks Hotels and Resorts, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas