agree with Teri from Sydney. Our room (73) was on the shady side of the resort so we had no direct sun for our 4 day stay. cossies and towels didn't dry overnight or during the day on the balcony. Poolside space is limited and pools cold in July. So ask for northerly facing room if you too are trying to escape Sydney winter. Bed very good quality, apartment huge and clean, great staff, 10 min walk to the beach or hire a bike from Reception. Riding along the beach was fabulous. Might stay a bit closer to the main area of Pt Douglas next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas