We arrived at this hotel over the Easter break. I was greeted by the young woman on the reception desk, who then proceeded to tell her how bad her day had been. She made fun of the speel she had to tell me (the usual, credit card for deposit reasons). So I was a little bemused by this. I had just driven 5hrs from Townsville, with 2 young children in the car and I didn't moan about my day!
Anyway, we had booked a two bedroom apartment with plunge pool and jacuzzi, which sounds very posh and it could have been. Although only paying $220 a night for the Easter break, I kind of knew it was going to be too good to be true.
Both DVD players in the room were broken and didn't read discs. But hey, this was Port Douglas and I had lots of sights to see not sitting in front of the tv. The airconditioners didn't work, 2 lamps in each room didn't work. Some of the lights didn't work, the insinkerator didn't work....... It was just a poorly maintained hotel room.
The main pool was nice, our plunge pool was way too cold. Our spa bath was great, and private.
There is no restaurant or cafe on the premises, which I knew. We had dinner one night next door in the Treetops hotel which was quite nice. Other nights we drove into town for a meal. It is a good 8mins drive from the centre of town.
I was satisfied with our stay, but probably wouldn't choose to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas