First of all, Port Douglas must be one of my favourite places. The Jetty is just gorgeous, as well as the little bars and restaurants in this cosy little town.
We (me, my boyfriend and his parents) shared a 2 bedroom apartment here and were very delighted with the amenities.
- Wonderful staff!! So helpful and nice
- Amazing location! In the middle of the town and so close to the beach
- Great apartment
Some great things to do:
- Try a toblerone cocktail at Iron bar
- Go to Salsa restaurant for a special occasion
- The courthouse has good pubfood
- Hartleys farm is just an awesome way to spend the day and so worth the money!!
- Try the sparkling sangria jugs at 3 nineteen!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Newport on Macrossan is a centrally located and family run 4 star holiday accommodation in the heart of Port Douglas. With a solar heated saltwater swimming pool, 3 free in-house movie channels playing latest releases, free secure under cover parking, wireless broad band available in every room. We are genuinely committed to providing clean, contemporary, competitively priced apartments and hotel style rooms that will make you want to stay with us again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Newport on Macrossan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Newport On Macrossan Hotel Port Douglas