The girlfriend and I stayed here for a few nights while we got our dive tickets. The resort is very well laid out with a beautiful beach style pool in the middle with most the rooms overlooking it. The entrance into the resort is beautiful and feels very luxurious. The rooms are modern and tasteful. The rooms were services daily and were very well kept. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The location was very close to the Main Street and I would say it would be one of if not the best resort in port Douglas
That said there are some negative points to note.
The resort seemed to be advertised as a couples retreat. This is only somewhat true due to that our stay was coupled with the continuous noise of screaming children in the beach pool. What looks luxurious on arrival soon becomes the sandy inhabitants of children during daylight hours. If you have kids you'll love it. If you are looking for a romantic spot just be prepared for noise.
With this in mind the spa rooms are not able to be fully utilized. The spa baths are located on the balcony overlooking (and in full view of) the pool although there are blinds directly behind the spa if one was to stand up even slightly then they would still be in full view of the pool. The continuous sound of children mixed with the exceptionally loud spa bath pump and public nature of the spa meant that we did not use it extensively as we had hoped to due to that it was not very relaxing.
We tried room service one night ( during restaurant hours) it was very overpriced and very very poor quality.
Breakfast each day was included in our room price. Breakfast was exceptional. Fresh simple and well priced the hot breakfast options too were good and quality.
We had dinner at the restaurant once and this was the most disappointing dinner we have had out in FNQ to date. I will leave this review for the restaurant itself and not the resort.
Overall still a great spot. We will defiantly be staying here more often.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas combines beautifully appointed accommodation, luxury facilities and easy access to the magical Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, making it the perfect holiday getaway. The resort is set amongst calming water features and lush gardens filled with tropical flowers and palms, creating a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. The resort offers beautifully appointed spa suites and one, two and three bedroom suites, some complete with private swim-up pool decks. All rooms feature free WIFI (up to 500MB) and free movies for all guests, air conditioning, alarm clock/radio, balcony, bathrobes, cable/pay TV, CD player, daily housekeeping service, direct dial telephone/data port/voice mail, hairdryer, in-room safe and iron and board. Kitchen facilities are available in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom suites includes dishwasher, stovetop/oven, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee/tea making facilities, cookware and tableware. Washer/dryer (available only in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments). The resort features a serene lagoon pool with sundeck and spa, fitness centre, concierge and tour desk making access to a range of exciting reef and rainforest experiences easy. If pampering is what you seek, a visit to the Exclusive Spa is a must or hire a bike and make your way to Four Mile Beach. In the evening there is an array of dining experiences awaiting you. The resort's signature restaurant, Sublime Bar & Grill serves some of the best cuisine you'll find in the region and uses the freshest ingredients to create a savoured contemporary Australian menu. The restaurant is located on the ground floor overlooking the stunning lagoon pool. Enjoy breakfast daily from 7.00Am - 10.00Am, lunch from 12pm - 4pm and dinner from 6.00Pm - 8.30Pm *Restaurant is closed on Sunday and Tuesday nights. The resort is the perfect base from which to experience all this amazing region has to offer. Port Douglas offers an abundance of exciting activities with the rainforest and the reef close by. Experience the Flames of the Forest live stage and dinner experience, welcome the day with a hot air balloon adventure, explore the Daintree World Heritage listed national park by 4WD and take a helicopter ride out over the Great Barrier Reef. Crocodile farms, Skyrail and white water rafting are just a few more adventures on offer. Combining a tranquil Tropical North Queensland setting with five-star resort facilities and professional service, this resort in the heart of Port Douglas is the perfect setting for your next getaway. Important information: Sunday 11 June 2017 - Cairns Airport IRONMAN Asia-Pacific Championship Cairns – will involve changed traffic conditions. The Captain Cook Highway between the Cairns Airport and Port Douglas will be closed from 5.30am until 5.30pm due to the annual Cairns Airport Ironman Asia Pacific Championship. For more information visit cairnsadventurefestival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Hotel Port Douglas