Stayed for 1 week at Peppers. Enjoyed the 2 bedroom suite. The pool is very nice ( good temperature., sandy area for the kids). Great staff
BUT-- quite a few things that let the place down.
1. The breakfast is pathetic for a place that you pay $500/ night.
Couple of fruit juice options ( not fresh either). Few basic pastries. No 'real' bread variety options
'Canned like fruit' in a bowl to choose!
Sloppy tasting muesli
And then insulting me to pay extra $10 for few hot options!
2. In this technology age, does it really hurt the hotel business to offer free wifi ?( like a lot of 5 star hotels do , that change less per night then peppers? )
3 . The gym is really sub standard for a place like this. . One basic treadmill, one basic elliptical , etc
We enjoyed our stay despite these issues. We just waived our breakfast option ( we paid for) and ate in town at a few good joints ( origin coffee, the larder, bookstore coffee place )
Peppers, you really need to improve the breakfast you offer( the resort is very good otherwise)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas combines beautifully appointed accommodation, luxury facilities and easy access to the magical Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, making it the perfect holiday getaway. The resort is set amongst calming water features and lush gardens filled with tropical flowers and palms, creating a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. The resort offers beautifully appointed spa suites and one, two and three bedroom suites, some complete with private swim-up pool decks. All rooms feature free WIFI (up to 500MB) and free movies for all guests, air conditioning, alarm clock/radio, balcony, bathrobes, cable/pay TV, CD player, daily housekeeping service, direct dial telephone/data port/voice mail, hairdryer, in-room safe and iron and board. Kitchen facilities are available in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom suites includes dishwasher, stovetop/oven, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee/tea making facilities, cookware and tableware. Washer/dryer (available only in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments). The resort features a serene lagoon pool with sundeck and spa, fitness centre, concierge and tour desk making access to a range of exciting reef and rainforest experiences easy. If pampering is what you seek, a visit to the Exclusive Spa is a must or hire a bike and make your way to Four Mile Beach. In the evening there is an array of dining experiences awaiting you. The resort's signature restaurant, Sublime Bar & Grill serves some of the best cuisine you'll find in the region and uses the freshest ingredients to create a savoured contemporary Australian menu. The restaurant is located on the ground floor overlooking the stunning lagoon pool. Enjoy breakfast daily from 7.00Am - 10.00Am, lunch from 12pm - 4pm and dinner from 6.00Pm - 8.30Pm. The resort is the perfect base from which to experience all this amazing region has to offer. Port Douglas offers an abundance of exciting activities with the rainforest and the reef close by. Experience the Flames of the Forest live stage and dinner experience, welcome the day with a hot air balloon adventure, explore the Daintree World Heritage listed national park by 4WD and take a helicopter ride out over the Great Barrier Reef. Crocodile farms, Skyrail and white water rafting are just a few more adventures on offer. Combining a tranquil Tropical North Queensland setting with five-star resort facilities and professional service, this resort in the heart of Port Douglas is the perfect setting for your next getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Hotel Port Douglas