Our weekend getaway was great and this was the second time we'd stayed in a spa suite here on a gr8 special.
The resport staff were friendly and very helpful. However....why they would put a spa on the balcony in a private room and then not be able to screen it off to make it private???? Wearing swimmers really isnt the best way to enjoy a relaxing spa bath, especially in a private suite! The balcony & spa was in full view of the resort next door and the penthouse balcony above....not so relaxing as it felt a bit too exposed. Perhaps this would not have detracted so much if we were not anticipating full privacy as is the norm????
The room was very clean and the bathroom large and bright. However the lighting in the main room was poor with only bedside lamps providing lighting as there was no roof lights centr5al in teh room. This left us with really Insufficient lighting if you needed to use the single powerpoint for charging phones etc. We were also unable to screen the room for privacy during the day without closing the sliding timber doors. This left the room without any natural light and very dark so we had to have the sliding timber doors open and respign to letting the neighbouring resport look in!
The restaurant was lovely for both breaky and dinner and it was right on the pool. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I thoroughly recommed the pork belly entree followed by the lamb shanks main... yum!!! Breaky was a good spread though they ran out of some of the main items on both mornings.
The pool is a visual delight however the pool loungers were quite insufficient to keep up with demand. It was unfortunate that several guests left belongings on them during the day even when they weren't using them, just so they could access one any time they wanted - perhaps the resort could consider ways to address this so everyone can get equal access??? The fine white sandy beach at the side of the pool was really lovely and made a nice change from the norm.
The resort is so close to the beach and walking distance to town so gr8 for a night out, shopping trip or hunt around the gr8 Port markets. We would definately book again..... but perhaps not in a spa suite?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas combines beautifully appointed accommodation, luxury facilities and easy access to the magical Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, making it the perfect holiday getaway. The resort is set amongst calming water features and lush gardens filled with tropical flowers and palms, creating a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. The resort offers beautifully appointed spa suites and one, two and three bedroom suites, some complete with private swim-up pool decks. All rooms feature free WIFI (up to 500MB) and free movies for all guests, air conditioning, alarm clock/radio, balcony, bathrobes, cable/pay TV, CD player, daily housekeeping service, direct dial telephone/data port/voice mail, hairdryer, in-room safe and iron and board. Kitchen facilities are available in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom suites includes dishwasher, stovetop/oven, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee/tea making facilities, cookware and tableware. Washer/dryer (available only in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments). The resort features a serene lagoon pool with sundeck and spa, fitness centre, concierge and tour desk making access to a range of exciting reef and rainforest experiences easy. If pampering is what you seek, a visit to the Exclusive Spa is a must or hire a bike and make your way to Four Mile Beach. In the evening there is an array of dining experiences awaiting you. The resort's signature restaurant, Sublime Bar & Grill serves some of the best cuisine you'll find in the region and uses the freshest ingredients to create a savoured contemporary Australian menu. The restaurant is located on the ground floor overlooking the stunning lagoon pool. Enjoy breakfast daily from 7.00Am - 10.00Am, lunch from 12pm - 4pm and dinner from 6.00Pm - 8.30Pm. The resort is the perfect base from which to experience all this amazing region has to offer. Port Douglas offers an abundance of exciting activities with the rainforest and the reef close by. Experience the Flames of the Forest live stage and dinner experience, welcome the day with a hot air balloon adventure, explore the Daintree World Heritage listed national park by 4WD and take a helicopter ride out over the Great Barrier Reef. Crocodile farms, Skyrail and white water rafting are just a few more adventures on offer. Combining a tranquil Tropical North Queensland setting with five-star resort facilities and professional service, this resort in the heart of Port Douglas is the perfect setting for your next getaway. A 2% surcharge applies to all credit card transactions at the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Hotel Port Douglas