Peppers Beach Club
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Oaks Lagoons(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$112
$93
  • Pool
Thala Beach Nature Reserve(Oak Beach)(Great Value!)
$270
$166
  • Pool
Paradise Links Resort(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$113
$103
Hotels.com
Peninsula Boutique Hotel(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$292
$275
Travelocity
$127
$122
  • Pool
Mantra Heritage(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$150
$131
  • Pool
QT Port Douglas(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$164
$133
Saltwater Luxury Apartments(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$397
$361
  • Pool
Port Douglas Motel(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$85
$82
Travelocity
Meridian Port Douglas(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$142
HotelQuickly
1,772 results
All reviewsspa suitepeppers port douglasrecommend pepperspeppers resortbeach poolone bedroom suitethe main streetamazing poolpalm covecaravan parkbeautiful resortour honeymoonclose to townschool holidayssun loungersrelaxing stayfamily holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed in a 1 bedroom lagoon deluxe suite. The standard of the room was as you would expect for the price tag, well equipped, good quality furnishings and maintained/cleaned to a high standard. The highlight was obviously having our own private pontoon with two sun loungers right on the lagoon, accessed from our balcony. It was so relaxing and saved the hassle of having to bag one of the general loungers on the beach side of the lagoon. There only seemed to be about 20 of these and they were in high demand.

We had lunch at the restaurant a couple of times and dinner there once. The setting is lovely, especially at night when the lagoon is lit up. However, not many people seem to eat there (only two other tables the evening we did and by 8pm we were the only ones left) so it lacks atmosphere. The food was good and the service friendly but it lacks the sophisication of the restaurants nearby. Given that prices are on par with the better restaurants in Port (particularly when you factor in the addtional 2% surcharge you will pay if using a credit card) we preferred to eat elsewhere in the evening (Harrisons or Nautilus).

The staff were generally helpful and friendly, notably Dylan the concierge who booked our trips for us. However, the 2% surcharge is even added to the cost of the trips the hotel books for you, so you are better off picking up the phone and making the call yourself.

In summary, you can't fault the accommodation but it did leave a sour taste in the mouth on check out to discover the 2% surcharge was applied to everything (food, drink, tips, tours). Whilst I was aware of the 2% surcharge on the accommodation costs (and therefore happy to pay this), I felt adding it to the extras without adequately disclosing was a bit rich (or rather Mantra is now 2% richer at my expense)!! I did notice that the lady checking out after me refused to pay the surcharge and they seemed to accept this.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Wife and I stayed for 4 days over Easter in April this year with two daughters (11 and 14). We had a swim up room(s) with its own pool deck and spa bath on the verandah. Rooms were very, very nice and comfortable, with twin beds and bathroom for the girls and queen bed with ensuite for us. Lovely kitchen, dining and tv area overlooking the deck and pool. There was also another area off the girls room that has two lounges that could also be used for beds. Also had a built in washer and dryer - very handy with kids. Overall, I would highly recommend this resort to friends and family. The sand edged pool is fantastic and if you have kids or teenagers they will love you for staying here. Only a very short 5 minute walk to the main street (shops, dining etc) of PD and same to the beach. Staff were great. Restaurant is only small, but nice and overlooks the pool - there are many other dining options 5 to 10 minutes away - but great spot to have a drink: has swim-up areas. Overall, not cheap, but highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a swim-up room on pool
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2011

We stayed at Peppers Beach Club for our Honeymoon in April and absolutely loved it!. After having 2 x other Peppers resorts we had booked suddenly close down we ended up at Peppers Beach Club and I can say I'm glad we did. The staff were very professional and welcoming with great local knowledge. The room we had was amazing, with it's very own plunge pool which we used everyday! The room was immaculate and the view over the pool for dinner and breakfast was gorgeous. Overall an amazing stay and one we look forward to repeating for our anniversary.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Rooms were stunning - exactly as the pictures. Service was consistently friendly and professional and we were surprised at the value of the restaurant and accommodation generally. Beautiful lagoon and complex.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Being a first-time solo traveller in need of a change of pace and some gentle R & R, I diligently researched every location before deciding on Port Douglas. Choosing a hotel was even harder, as I had some reservations about travelling on my own and wanted a place with good service but one that was private and peaceful too. Peppers Beach Club has great, friendly service as far as the concierge and front of house staff, but I found the housekeeping lacking a bit. My room was constantly sandy (even though I only went to the pool twice and the beach once). There was an almost empty bottle of wine left in the minibar and I spoke to the concierge to let him know it was there when I arrived and not to charge it to me. The bottle was out for 5 days and not collected. The spa was dirty so I cleaned it before getting in. A dirty glass was also left out for days. I had to ask for more milk when I ran out as well. Not really what I expected from such a reputable hotel. (Would have been nice to have some mugs as well as cups.)

It is a beautiful place and very pleasing to the eye, but the design has lead to noise problems. I was unable to enjoy a relaxing sleep in at all during my time here, due to the slamming doors, screaming children and traffic noises. The pool is also very beautiful, but the noise is at times quite unbearable as children play and scream and have their tantrums and with my room being on the middle floor, the sound and echoing was such that it made sleeping just about impossible in the mornings. There was alot of internal noise too, as (I'm guessing) kids ran across the tiled floors and shouted in the halls. What could be done about the kids? I can't imagine the staff being comfortable telling parents to control their boisterous kids, but surely something? I live in an apartment block that insists on noise control for the comfort of the tenants!
I was aware that I could not avoid loud children on this holiday, but I was under the impression that Peppers Beach Club was a more grown up destination where adults could go and relax, and it couldn't have been further from the truth.

Don't get me wrong. I have had a nice holiday and Port Douglas is an amazing place and I'll definitely be back, but I doubt I'd come back to Peppers Beach Club unless I had kids to enjoy it with. Being a lone, adult traveller in desperate need of a break, this is really not the right place to be.

Room Tip: Don't face the pool if you want quiet
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Solojojo
jennifergm, General Manager at Peppers Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2011

Dear Solojojo,

I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be great, offering you friendly service whilst you stayed with us. I do however want to apologise for the housekeeping service you received while in-house. This is definitely not acceptable and not the standard we like to keep at the resort. I have taken these issues to my Executive Housekeeper to address with her staff and I appreciate you taking the time to inform us of these concerns.
Unfortunately for the time you were here it was school holidays so we do have a number of families that enjoy our resort over this time. My team and I are very conscious of letting all guests enjoy their stay at the resort and this means that we have no problem in approaching people, requesting that they control their noise. We did approach a number of guests over the holidays to politely ask if the noise can be kept to a minimum so all guests can enjoy a peaceful holiday with us. We are however sorry that this infringed on your holiday and in the future we would love to have you back at the resort but we can situate you in one of our much quieter rooms that are not facing the lagoon pool as this may be more to your liking. Please contact us on 07 4087 1000 if we can assist with any future reservations or requests and thanks once again for providing your feedback which helps us to continually improve.

Warm Regards,