“Wow Sea Temple Port Douglas”

Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 42 Hotels in Port Douglas
Tweed Heads, Australia
“Wow Sea Temple Port Douglas”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

My Husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary in a one bedroom penthouse, wow it was everything in the photos plus more. As soon as I walked into the room I was immediately impressed and Annie did such a wonderful job filling all my requests which was a wonderful surprise as well as a bottle of wine with a card and that was a nice touch. The views were awesome and the room was immaculate beautifully furnished. The balmy nights swimming, dining on the roof and enjoying our spa. The pool is massive and a wonderful feature in the resort. How nice it was going out to a full day to come back to a lovely cool clean room with no worries and a paper every morning. I really got use to the idea of not having to clean, pickup and wash all the time, having the advantage of fresh towels, pool towels, and beds made, it is a break away from home in itself. I have stayed in a 5 star in Bora Bora and yes I would defiantly say this is 5 star. The service we hand was top rated Gina helped in anyway possible and provided great service always with a lovely smile, and Anthony he was great too I loved his honesty and knowledge of dining to activities nothing was too much trouble and his warm personality they both made you feel like youve know them personally for years, Ive always believed the resort or the accomodation one chooses will reflect on ones holiday, and I have to say Ive been to many places and the services I got from Annie, Anthony and Gina have been the best. For years Ive travelled to fiji with our daughter it seems cheaper with children to go overseas. But I truly loved this resort so much my husband and I would love our daughter to experience what we did. So yes somehow some way we are returning next year. A holiday is what you make it and the Sea temple Port Douglas certainly is there for a relaxing and a pampered holiday. Feel free to ask me anything. Gee Im still rocking from the Quicksilver I went out on 15 to 20 winds I even took kwells. If your interested in Hartleys crocodile farm I will write a review on that one. I also went to Sea temple palm cove so if anyone wants to know the difference I'm more than happy to help. So going to Sea temple I defiantly liked the penthouses with huge rooms and roof. I also loved the beach shack try it. So once again a big thankyou to Annie, Anthony and Gina for making truly a special holiday (I suppose the word is incrediable staff go for the payrise lol). The Sea Temple wont disappoint, we also hired a car which was really good the freedom to come and go and really by the time you pay $8 return pp everytime going into town as well as tours, we got a new elantra for $33 a day from east coast car hire they had better rates and that included cheaper excess. Till next time Karen from cold stratty already looking forward to coming back. Cheers

1 Thank kazy71

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We know that we left a necklace in the room. it wasn't overly valuable but it had sentimental value. We came back the next day and they said it wasn't there. I despise dishonest hotels.

8 Thank gypsy4_10
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Sea Temple won me over initially - great service at front of house, exceptional room (we chose Penthouse overlooking the pool) and nice fittings. There's no question that it is a well appointed and beautifully designed property. If you're with family (ie. kids), have a spot by the water (a "swim out" room) and are planning to use the in-room kitchen - then you will love this place.

As a young (early 30s) couple, without kids the place was a little cold and noisy.

For a five star property, the place lost some of its shine when I went to lie by the pool and there were no sun beds, or even space to lay a towel (perhaps the venue assumes most people will be renting a swim-out room). The place also lost points for its average breakfast, ludicrously expensive coffees ($5.90 if you didn't want the filter coffee) and its lack of activities (a long way from town and little to do but swim - note the beach isn't especially special).

Now how do I put this nicely...um...well there are kids EVERYWHERE - and like us adults, they LOVE a pool. So if you're bringing kids then this place is perfect, but if you want some space for R&R without screams of excitement, or family fights, I would think twice.

We've moved to the Thala Beach Lodge for our final night - and, although not as polished at Sea Temple, is a magical venue.

4 Thank PeteFromAustralia
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Spent 7 night in a 2 bedroom pool room with my wife and 8 month son. We all had a great time especially my son who absolutely loved the pool. The hotel's referral to use busy bees babysitting service was outstanding. This was our first time using such a service and we were both a little apprehensive however once we were greeted by Megan all our worries were gone. She greeted our son with a friendly smile and brought him toys to play with which were a great hit. Overall great holiday experience at the Sea Temple with excellent Baby sitting service. Will come back again.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Jose060977
Melbourne
Reviewed August 22, 2010

What a disappointment.

The reception and pool area had all the hallmarks of a luxurious resort, but our studio apartment was more like a shoebox. The problem was, it had a ridiculously oversized bathroom and spa bath - yes that might sound appealing - but taking up about two-thirds of the apartment, everything else felt cramped. I literally couldn't find anywhere to use the portable luggage rack they supplied without creating a trip hazard in the little space remaining. Honestly, the guys designing Flag Inns all those years ago understood interior layout better than the architects behind Sea Temple.

The best feature of Sea Temple is definitely the pool - it really is magnificent, especially if you're staying in one of the top-of-the-list suites with private sun-deck and entry to the pool. Sadly, the rest of us had to put up with walking a circuitous route behind the garages to get to the pool area, and fighting with other guests for somewhere to plant yourself in the congested area provided for the resort's "less exclusive" guests.

We knew we were in this category when we enquired about laundry facilities, only to be advised we would have to visit the laundromat in a neighbouring shopping centre - the more expensive apartments have their own washing facilities, but not even shared laundry facilities were available for plebs such as us. At nearly $300 a night, I have never paid so much to be left feeling like a backpacker!

Still, not being deterred, we approached their restaurant for dinner one night, and were told we'd be seated very shortly. And we waited. And were told again we'd be attended to in a couple of moments. And waited some more ... After 20 minutes, we gave up and went elsewhere. The restaurant had only a small handful of other diners at the time - perhaps we were just unfortunate to cop the head waiter on a bad hair day.

All up, don't be fooled by the glitzy, modern promotional pics - there's much better service and comfort to be had elsewhere in Port Douglas, and you'll probably come home with a fuller wallet too.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cathy1967
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We've just come back from a one week stay at Sea Temple Port Douglas and it was brilliant. I had read some reviews previous to our departure which were sligtly negative (unclean rooms, non helpful staff), but we could not fault the resort or the staff at all. We travelled with our 4yr and 2yr old, and it was just as much fun for them as it was for us. They spent much of the day playing in and around the pool, and they loved the Spa! We stayed in a 2bed penthouse with the private rooftop spa terrace. It was fantastic. The added space on the roof meant we could run around with the kids while cooking a BBQ lunch, or using our own private spa. The beach was just a 1min walk away, and while 4mile beach is not one of the best beaches around, it still provided lots of fun for the kids, especially at low tide when they could walk well out and explore. We had a car for the week so ate in town every night. We provided our own breakfast, but did have lunch at the pool bar a few times (which was great). If you are travelling with kids you should probably have a car at your disposal as the resort is only a 5min drive out of town, but relying on the shuttle bus could take some fun out of it, and probably take each trip 30mins. The room was serviced each day, and the staff were always very friendly and very helpful. We had an early flight which got us into the resort well ahead of checkin, we did not request an early checkin, but when we arrived they did their best to accomodate us. We waited in town for only an hour when they called to say our room was ready. That was well above the call of duty and we much appreciated it. When our daughter misplaced her goggles, the pool bar staff and reception did their upmost to track them down and got them back to us!! So a big thankyou to all the staff that helped make our stay so enjoyable. We will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank damian4
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We stayed in a 3 bedroom penthouse - very comfortable for a family of 4.. The resort itself is very beautiful with a fabulous pool. Gorgeous gardens and easy access to the beach.The resort staff were very friendly.We booked through a private agency - BOUTIQUE COLLECTION - and paid and promised a mid stay clean which did not happen. As we were there for 12 days it would have been most welcome. Our apartment was not very clean at all - called agency but nothing was done about it. Sent back a feedback/evaluation form - still waiting to hear back from them. As all of the accomodation was paid up front 2 weeks prior to arrival we were stuck. Overall, we had a great stay and the resort is exactly what it claims to be. I would stay there again but book directly with the resort.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family