Iv'e heard a lot about the Sea Temple, been wanting to stay there for a long time. Not saying it was unpleasant but not what I expected.
- Great central pool and landscaping
- Nice architecture
- Great friendly and experienced staff (although some things did go wrong they were very helpful to fix it straight away).
- Good kitchen and laundry facilities in the apartments.
- Dishes and cooking utensils were very clean and housekeeping always cleaned the dishes which was great.
- William at the pool bar was great. Very professional and attentive.
- When we first walked into our room after we checked in the room smelt like mothballs. Not a nice first impression.
- I thought the rooms were not very well finished for the prices they charge. We stayed in a 2 bed/2bath apartment with a private pool. There are cheap fittings in the apartments. In particular the roller blinds and pictures on the wall. The furniture also looks cheap and is not very comfortable.
- Long walk to the room from the pool and lobby.
- There is not enough light outside. There is a BBQ pavilion in this particular apartment and when you cook at night you can hardly see what your cooking and you definitely can't eat on the table outside as there is no light. Would have been beautiful to have some nice light within the landscaped spaces.
- The air conditioning in our room was noisy. We got moved to another apartment after three attempts to fix it. Staff were very good though to help us out including maintenance and front desk.
- The music at the pool bar is the same every three hours and it is not very good. Put on some Buddha bar or Cafe Del Mar! For those people that like sitting by the pool for more than three hours, bring your IPod!
- Our room service got mucked up the first night we were there. After waiting an hour and a half we inquired with room service to see how our order was going. We were informed it got delivered to the room next door. We went to bed hungry that night!
- We found a cockroach living in the vent in the kitchen.
- Toiletries are cheap, something you would get from a Mecure hotel.
- TV in the master bedroom looks like an afterthought.
- Surcharges on credit cards. What a joke for a 5 star resort!
- Bed's are cheap, comfortable but not good for a 5 star hotel. The linen also wasn't very good.
- Old TV's in the room. Most hotels these days have a flat screen.
- Should have an IPod dock in the room rather than an old 90's stereo.
- Decorative pillows in the room looked dirty and cheap.
Although there were quite a few negatives we did have an enjoyable stay at Sea Temple Port Douglas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa is a five star resort located on Four Mile Beach, Tropical North Queensland - gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. This spacious retreat features a range of Port Douglas accommodation styles, situated around one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy modern Australian dining in AQUA Restaurant, an invigorating spa treatment in Vie Spa, or a tropical refreshment whilst taking in the spectacular views at the Pool Bar. At Pullman Resort Port Douglas, our friendly team can organise your tours and activities, from rainforest tours to Great Barrier Reef day trips. With the latest wireless technology, Pullman luxury accommodation in Port Douglas will keep you perfectly connected in room and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas